first droid

dragon1541

Reaction score
i have always been a windows mobile fan but now im ready for something new.my droid was just delivered to my house today ( im at work now i cant wait to get home) ! can someone please help me i want to transfer my contacts from my omnia to my droid but i dont know how . PLEASE HELP. :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: To the Droid Forums. I know you're very excited to get your new Droid.

I've never had a Windows phone but I do have google. A simple search came up with this. Hope it helps.:)

If you previously owned a Windows Mobile phone, like the Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch Pro / Diamond, etc the process to move your contacts to your new Droid is actually pretty easy.
Make sure you've recently synced your Windows Mobile phone using ActiveSync
Your phone will already be synced with Outlook so the next step is here: Export Contacts from Outlook and Import to Motorola Droid (Android 2.0)

You will have to make sure you have a gmail account set up.

OP
D

dragon1541

Reaction score
thanks i will try it as soon as i get home tonight. im thinking about leaving work early so i can go home and play with my new toy !!!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks i will try it as soon as i get home tonight. im thinking about leaving work early so i can go home and play with my new toy !!!!!!!

If you do that, go home sick because you probably won't want to come in tomorrow either.:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, dragon1541! I assume you got home and are busy marveling at what an awesome machine the Droid really is. Be warned: it is totally addictive! Now, just don't stay up all night!