First disappointment :-(

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
With it being haloween, im sorely disappointed with the camera. This is with the me purchasing the camera zoom fx, too.

Unfortunately, I had to rely on my wife and her iphone4. I knew the Bionics camera wasn't the best so I knew What to expect but I had no idea how much I was going to rely on it. To rub it in, my I had to hear my wife ragging on my poor phones camera. :-(

Despite the camera, I still love the phone, but I guess I need to find a dedicated camera occasions such as this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

M

MiDrOIdDOES

With it being haloween, im sorely disappointed with the camera. This is with the me purchasing the camera zoom fx, too.

Unfortunately, I had to rely on my wife and her iphone4. I knew the Bionics camera wasn't the best so I knew What to expect but I had no idea how much I was going to rely on it. To rub it in, my I had to hear my wife ragging on my poor phones camera. :-(

Despite the camera, I still love the phone, but I guess I need to find a dedicated camera occasions such as this.

just tell her she bought a phone without an operating system, the iphone operating system is just an app launcher

McGyver777

Reaction score
Nov patch is said to improve focusing time greatly I hear.

welsalex

Reaction score
Or you could get camera zoom fx, it is so much better than stock.

Topic author said he is using that.

I too suffer from camera blues as well. But i don't take many pictures. Just seems when i find a situation that warrants taking a picture it needs to happen fast and the focus/shutter lag screws me. Oh well. Otherwise extremely happy with this phone for me otherwise.

Reaction score
zoom fx didn't work for ya? Did you try messing with the settings. Yes it may not look as good as an iphone's over saturated colors but it does look more natural. I used mine tonight. Happy as can be.

Motorola's camera is not the best and can't be substituted for a regular camera... but it does the job and did it well... with cam zoom fx.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I had a similar experience, and I used CameraZOOM FX as well. When it snowed here this past weekend, I was over at my friend's house and wanted to snap some pics of it on his truck for him since he's in Iraq at the moment. I snapped three and saved them all and looked them over a few times before I left. The pics themselves came out alright; I took three just to make sure I got a good shot to email him. When I got home, though, I tried to pull them up, and all three wouldn't open! It said the file was corrupted and wouldn't display. I tried to drop them into Dropbox and email them anyway, but that didn't work. The file size for all three was all of a sudden 0kb, so I knew there was nothing I could do. This has happened to me several times when using either CameraZOOM or Vignette. I'm really chomping at the bit for ICS, where I'm hoping that'll improve the stock camera enough that I can dump these 3rd party apps. :mad:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I had a similar experience, and I used CameraZOOM FX as well. When it snowed here this past weekend, I was over at my friend's house and wanted to snap some pics of it on his truck for him since he's in Iraq at the moment. I snapped three and saved them all and looked them over a few times before I left. The pics themselves came out alright; I took three just to make sure I got a good shot to email him. When I got home, though, I tried to pull them up, and all three wouldn't open! It said the file was corrupted and wouldn't display. I tried to drop them into Dropbox and email them anyway, but that didn't work. The file size for all three was all of a sudden 0kb, so I knew there was nothing I could do. This has happened to me several times when using either CameraZOOM or Vignette. I'm really chomping at the bit for ICS, where I'm hoping that'll improve the stock camera enough that I can dump these 3rd party apps. :mad:

After your taking the pics, are you clicking save and close? or save a copy or just going to the next picture and taking a new one? Some apps don't auto save. This is the only reason I can think of that it would be corrupted..

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
After your taking the pics, are you clicking save and close? or save a copy or just going to the next picture and taking a new one? Some apps don't auto save. This is the only reason I can think of that it would be corrupted..

I'm sure I'm saving them. I'm even able to close the camera app, go into Gallery, and pull them up. But it seems like once I flip to the next pic or exit Gallery and try to go back, they're all of a sudden 0KB and corrupted. It doesn't happen to all the pics, either, which is another reason I try to take several shots of the same thing. This time, though, all three crapped out. I was also almost thinking it might be something with me using a 3rd party picture viewer. I think (I'm not sure) this problem may have started when I tried viewing it through Gallery+ and QuickPic. I uninstalled both and went back to the stock Gallery, but I redownloaded QuickPic just last week since I keep reading all these rave reviews on it. That's the gallery I used to view my snow pictures. They showed up at first, but when I went home and tried to open them again, none of them worked. I uninstalled QuickPic again and just won't mess with it until ICS comes in.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm sure I'm saving them. I'm even able to close the camera app, go into Gallery, and pull them up. But it seems like once I flip to the next pic or exit Gallery and try to go back, they're all of a sudden 0KB and corrupted. It doesn't happen to all the pics, either, which is another reason I try to take several shots of the same thing. This time, though, all three crapped out. I was also almost thinking it might be something with me using a 3rd party picture viewer. I think (I'm not sure) this problem may have started when I tried viewing it through Gallery+ and QuickPic. I uninstalled both and went back to the stock Gallery, but I redownloaded QuickPic just last week since I keep reading all these rave reviews on it. That's the gallery I used to view my snow pictures. They showed up at first, but when I went home and tried to open them again, none of them worked. I uninstalled QuickPic again and just won't mess with it until ICS comes in.

That sounds really weird. Is it working if you just use the stock app? If not, I'd 'personally' would exchange the phone. I've had pics show up, ads, in my gallery but I'm assuming were from apps I downloaded..

Maybe someone else here has had this problem and will be able to better assist you. But ICS is supposed to fix a lot of the problems..

rasaun87

Reaction score
ROOT ROOT ROOT!!! I had that problem to with the camera until I Rom'd my baby with liberty3 and they put the aosp (stock android) camera apk with it... ITS BEAUTIFUL! Infinite focus options gets GREAT pics literally no focus time at all. And theoryrom has the atrix camera apk with it. So ROM it and then when ur wife is mad tell join the team :)

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
That sounds really weird. Is it working if you just use the stock app? If not, I'd 'personally' would exchange the phone. I've had pics show up, ads, in my gallery but I'm assuming were from apps I downloaded..

Maybe someone else here has had this problem and will be able to better assist you. But ICS is supposed to fix a lot of the problems..

I haven't really used the stock camera app except for a few times; I'm not a big picture taker, so I haven't really investigated this as much I probably should have. I'll have to play with it some more later. In the meantime, I'm still using CameraZOOM, but viewing it with the stock Gallery. I'm really pinning all my hopes on this ICS update. If all is not well afterward, I'll probably take it in. I've already had this phone since Sept 8, so I can hang onto it a little longer. :)

ROOT ROOT ROOT!!! I had that problem to with the camera until I Rom'd my baby with liberty3 and they put the aosp (stock android) camera apk with it... ITS BEAUTIFUL! Infinite focus options gets GREAT pics literally no focus time at all. And theoryrom has the atrix camera apk with it. So ROM it and then when ur wife is mad tell join the team :)

I'll be the first to tell ya I lack both the expertise and gusto to root my Bionic. Besides, aside from some minute quirks, I like it as is. Maybe after I've had this phone a little longer I'll get brave enough to do it, but right now I kinda wanna keep it as is.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I haven't really used the stock camera app except for a few times; I'm not a big picture taker, so I haven't really investigated this as much I probably should have. I'll have to play with it some more later. In the meantime, I'm still using CameraZOOM, but viewing it with the stock Gallery. I'm really pinning all my hopes on this ICS update. If all is not well afterward, I'll probably take it in. I've already had this phone since Sept 8, so I can hang onto it a little longer. :)

I'll be the first to tell ya I lack both the expertise and gusto to root my Bionic. Besides, aside from some minute quirks, I like it as is. Maybe after I've had this phone a little longer I'll get brave enough to do it, but right now I kinda wanna keep it as is.

Well you can only exchange it now, can't return it, but hopefully we can get your probs (If not ICS) resolved :)

OP
D

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
zoom fx didn't work for ya? Did you try messing with the settings. Yes it may not look as good as an iphone's over saturated colors but it does look more natural. I used mine tonight. Happy as can be.

Motorola's camera is not the best and can't be substituted for a regular camera... but it does the job and did it well... with cam zoom fx.

Well, I thought I messed with the settings enough to take decent pictures when I needed to, but I suppose taking pictures of a beer bottle is different than kids running around. :)

If I can get these kids to stay still long enough my pictures would be perfect.

I messed around with it some more and hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

I've also been using quick pic as well because of the good reviews ...and because the stock gallery seemed to take forever to update with pictures I've taken.

I've yet to encounter an issue with pictures being corrupted, but its something I'll keep an eye out for.