Firefox for Droid

hfd1113

Reaction score
Phone scoop has a video on youtube of two new browsers for the Android OS. They are suppose to be on the android market now. I found Skyfire 2.0 but Firefox is not there. Has anybody seen Firefox. I use Firefox on all of my home systems and I need that app. Help!:icon_ banana:

VIRominoff

Reaction score
Phone scoop has a video on youtube of two new browsers for the Android OS. They are suppose to be on the android market now. I found Skyfire 2.0 but Firefox is not there. Has anybody seen Firefox. I use Firefox on all of my home systems and I need that app. Help!:icon_ banana:

I should yell at you, but today I'll be nice and say

WTF is the link to the video?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hahahaha oh boy.

Yea firefox is da bomb, but ever since Chrome came out I only use that...

jman09

Reaction score
A quick google search shows Firefox for Android is in pre Alpha stage. But is stable enough for testers. So I don't think it will be in the Market just yet.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Doesn't look good to me.

Well, after some searching I found this vid on YouTube:

[video=youtube;b_EpwfV3ZjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EpwfV3ZjM"]YouTube - Fennec for Android (beta)[/video]

Frankly, it doesn't look like anything I want to mess with. Whaddya think?

bassjason

Reaction score
I can't wait for this, although there's already so many good browsers to choose from...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is still in beta or is it in alpha.......

Some software dont have every feature available early on when beta testing. They still basically working on the core of it. Is that vid of the pre-alpha? If I remember correct Alpha is before Beta. We lucky it even loaded at all...lol

Remember: Pre-Alpha. And I just read this: "in many ways this is a debug build". We should be lucky if it doesnt reboot the phone.

kamileon

Reaction score
Yes it's still in beta but you can d\l it from here.

http://bit.ly/fennec-android

Just remember it has to be installed on the internal memory, for those of you installing apps on your sd card. Its a bit slow when loading, but the weave sync is pretty cool.

MrTommy

Reaction score
My main complaint about the one in the YouTube vid is that it doesn't pull up the virtual keyboard. I've gotten SO used to that, I forgot how to pull the real keyboard out... :p

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
My main complaint about the one in the YouTube vid is that it doesn't pull up the virtual keyboard. I've gotten SO used to that, I forgot how to pull the real keyboard out... :p

Mine too... I don't use it because of that.. I never use the slide out
I thought I was missing something to get the keyboard to work