fingerprint scan

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I was wrong. In several posts I was griping about the fingerprint scan being on the back and how inconvenient it was. Now I have my phone in hand, I found it is actually more convenient than when it was on the front. I found I can pickup the phone, place the index finger over the scan and turn on the phone faster than before. oh well, live and learn.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I still prefer front but back is okay ...my only complaint on S8+ I don’t like placement and it rarely gets it on first try ...iris scanner is what I’ve been using

Sent using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was wrong. In several posts I was griping about the fingerprint scan being on the back and how inconvenient it was. Now I have my phone in hand, I found it is actually more convenient than when it was on the front. I found I can pickup the phone, place the index finger over the scan and turn on the phone faster than before. oh well, live and learn.
I don't have it yet, still using my Note 7, but I agree! I played with the S8 in stores and it makes perfect sense!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

cal3thousand

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 8
It's much more convenient on the back, I agree. Best for me is having my phone in my pocket upside down and reaching for it. I have my finger on the scanner before it's out of my pocket and the screen is on before I even look at it. No button pushes, just finger on scanner and it's open and on.

I don't see how Face ID nor other method could be any faster coming out of a pocket.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's much more convenient on the back, I agree. Best for me is having my phone in my pocket upside down and reaching for it. I have my finger on the scanner before it's out of my pocket and the screen is on before I even look at it. No button pushes, just finger on scanner and it's open and on.

I don't see how Face ID nor other method could be any faster coming out of a pocket.
Exactly!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk