Finally used hunters ijournal App...

jbg00d

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm new here just getting to know the android phones(currnetly an iPhone user, but not for long) and their particulars before I switch over...

Why am I switching? well, a friend of mine has the new HTC EVO and it's amazing! Totally blows my iphone away... But I'm not quite ready to make the change...

I'm an avid hunter and just recently, well it's been a few weeks or so, but anyhow I finally was really able to test the hunters ijournal app... man, this thing rocks!
The bummer part is they don't have the Android version out yet. Supposidly mid november, early december is what I saw on the hunters ijournal site.

The creator, Dave Borges is, I guess in the process of developing the App for the Android phones?

I plan on switching the EVO as soon as that bad boy's ready for the Android system.

If you're a hunter, please go over there and bug the hell out'a them about it. it's a BA App if you're a hunter.

Anyway guy, thanks for listening to my rambling. I'll keep you all posted about this.

thanks,
jbg00d

btw, they just updated they're site and the blog is a little hard to find, but you can get to it at the top right-hand of the page: "posts and comments" I think? Check it out... http://huntersijournal.com

OP
J

jbg00d

Reaction score
I just went over there and bugged them pretty good. Hopefully if we can get others over there they'll feel the heat and shaft out of reversed and start moving forward.

Anyway, Thanks guys! :icon_ banana:

one other thing... they have a cool "gravatar" setup there too... you can add your homepage, facebook etc to your post and link from their site as well.

I linked back to this post!

VitaliyP

Reaction score
iPhone and Android app for hunting in a group

Hi jbg00d,

Our app for iPhone and Android has a flat hits journal with photo and GPS position.
But mainly it is designed for hunting in a group. It has:
- Map: Powered by Google Maps it shows GPS position and orientation as well as movement direction and speed of other hunters
- Cam: Provides augmented reality browser to see other hunters and distance to them

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.actinnature.hunting
App Store - ActInNature Hunting

We’d appreciate any feedback of using the app, use it for free.

Vitaliy