Finally made my own DIY dock.

owlicks

Reaction score
After some inspiration from other home made docks, like the cardboard, lego, and ihome modification, I decided to try my hand.

Mine was created from a small metal shelf that I basically cut a chunk off of. Stuck it on its side, put 3 rubber spots to help support the phone, and attached the cord and a magnet. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

If anyone else has a dock they haven't shown off yet, or even if you have, I'd like to see them.

cuskit

Reaction score
After some inspiration from other home made docks, like the cardboard, lego, and ihome modification, I decided to try my hand.

Mine was created from a small metal shelf that I basically cut a chunk off of. Stuck it on its side, put 3 rubber spots to help support the phone, and attached the cord and a magnet. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

If anyone else has a dock they haven't shown off yet, or even if you have, I'd like to see them.

I see you are new here. So maybe you haven't seen mine yet? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mi...ock-where-all-covers-accepted.html#post237246

Sure - I'm in production now, but I did start just like you - making one for myself. It's cool how many here have done this. Those lego docks were really entertaining! They are that good, and interesting as well! :) cuskit

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Not bad pretty nice for a DIY, The only criticism I have is that I'm not a huge fan of that back grating thing. Love the bottom pieces that the droid rests on though!

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Good work to the OP. I certainly classify it as a dock rather than other products I've seen. If I have to plug my phone in before-hand, then it's not a dock, it's merely a stand. A dock should always include a built-in charging port which removes fumbling with wires.