Finally have Root Now what

D

dazedabyss

After reviewing all the steps and running into the update.zip.zip scenario i now have ROOT with saphire build of Froyo. I went from 550 mhz cpu to 1000 mhz, so much better. I have superuser access now what can i do with it or should.:icon_ banana:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea, flash a ROM and see how you like it. Just do some searching, there are more than enough discussions about this kind of thing here...

jbrock98

Reaction score
install ultimate droid rom, or chevy's or jrummy those r the best ones that's ran on my phone

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

dazedabyss

update.zip

After rooting my droid should i delete or rename the update.zip file so i can use that name on other things i want to install using sprecovery, it seems i have to rename radio files update along with roms what is the proper proceduredancedroid

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
After rooting my droid should i delete or rename the update.zip file so i can use that name on other things i want to install using sprecovery, it seems i have to rename radio files update along with roms what is the proper proceduredancedroid
Once you are rooted you no longer need that update file so you can mount your droid and simply delete the update file from your sd card. Then when you flash another rom or file you can name the new one update, apply it and then once it is applied you can delete it from the sd card.

OP
D

dazedabyss

Thanks

Thanks dlwht, That actually answers my biggest question except one wich is
Im running saphire 0.7.0-droid. will any custom roms work with it like radio updates or do i need to watch compatabilitydancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroid