Fiance already threatening to return droid, get iphone back...help w/ problem...

JayC707

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My fiance is freaking out at the fact that the droid isn't user friendly - her main gripe and reasoning for wanting to leave it (after just a few hours) is that she cannot get all of her contacts that were once on her iPhone to automatically dump into her droid.

We backed all of her contacts into Windows (contacts) but not exchange as I've seen referenced. Is there anything we can do at this point? Any help is greatly appreciated as she would like all of the names and numbers entered into her droid for her automatically rather than typing 100 people in manually...

Let me know and thanks for any help in advance.

bogdan912

Reaction score
copy them into the sd card... go into contacts and import from sdcard they should pop up

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Does her going back to the iPhone directly effect you in anyway? If not, let her do what she wants, but it doesn't seem like she's giving herself the chance to get used to it.

OP
J

JayC707

Reaction score
When I try it on mine I get this error:

"Scanning SD card failed (reason: "No vCard file found on the SD Card")

???

OP
J

JayC707

Reaction score
Import them to gmail then sync the contacts w/ gmail

How do I do that? A CSV. file? If so, I've never done that... any tutorials? I don't see how you organize the information (email, home, mobile, work #'s, etc.)

Thanks for any advice.

ldimick

Reaction score
You are probably getting an error on the SD card because you have it mounted for the PC to see it.

IMO, the easiest thing to do is to export from Windows to a .CSV file. Then import it into GMAIL. I would not mess with trying to copy it to the SD card etc.

Dragoro

Reaction score
There Is a program called Google sync ya can download on comp that will import all contacts from outlook to Gmail.

OP
J

JayC707

Reaction score
You are probably getting an error on the SD card because you have it mounted for the PC to see it.

IMO, the easiest thing to do is to export from Windows to a .CSV file. Then import it into GMAIL. I would not mess with trying to copy it to the SD card etc.

Sorry but of course I have it mounted to the PC, what is the alternative to transfer the information?

Re: The .CSV, how do I do this? Help?

pudah

Reaction score

Sorry but of course I have it mounted to the PC, what is the alternative to transfer the information?

If you already have the contacts saved to the SD card via connecting to your computer, the simplest thing would be to try to follow through with that. Unmount the card, disconnect the USB cable and then try to find the contacts through the phone to import them from the SD card. If that fails, go the Gmail route. Basically you want to export the contacts to something like a CSV file or anything else Gmail will recognize (you can go into Gmail and select import to see the file types available) then go into Gmail and import them to "My Contacts" and it should sync up to the phone if you have GMail set to sync with your contacts.

bass_lover1

Reaction score

Right, but what Jay is saying is that because the SD card IS mounted, you cannot access it via the Droid. Thus, the error message you are getting.

There should be an option in Outlook to export contacts as .CSV file. As far as formatting between numbers, and email, if you have them entered correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

Once you get that .CSV file, go into your gmail account (on your PC) and upload that file to your contacts. Set up contact sync on your Droid, and wait a few minutes for everything to be synced up.

ldimick

Reaction score
I have to go run some Christmas related errands for the next hour or so. After that I can give you more detailed instructions on creating the CSV by exporting your data. What version of Outlook are you running?