Few Concerns

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry for double post but i have a new problem and rebooted to get into sprecovery but it is loading the normal recovery. I already installed sprecovery succesfully as well. I had to, to make the backup and whatnot. How is this?

This is puzzling......I have no clue as to how this could be possible??????

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh my lord Blake your right I just noticed they mentioned it was a .zip file and not .rar!!!!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know but I gotta go to bed.........good luck and if you would decide to wait til tomorrow I would help out then but I gotta get some shut-eye...........

OP
M

Mozuna01

Reaction score
Oh my lord Blake your right I just noticed they mentioned it was a .zip file and not .rar!!!!

sorry its a rar i just have a bad habit of calling all of them zips.

But then why were you in default recovery??
I dont know i was just in sprecovery to make a backup before i install the rom..after backup was done i rebooted to get the nandroid file to get bugless beast. I put the folder in the nandroid remove usb then power off. X + Power then im at exclamation screen.. i dont know what wrong.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here, I got some advice......DOWNLOAD the SholesMod Updater ROM that everyones goin nuts about!!!! It install SPRecovery for you, it installs the ROM for you, its basically idiot proof!!! And it can look and perform exactly the way BB 7.4 does.....if you install the smoked glass theme its like almost the same thing just made by different people....

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now I'm going to bed....but just do what I just said in my previous post

OP
M

Mozuna01

Reaction score
Here, I got some advice......DOWNLOAD the SholesMod Updater ROM that everyones goin nuts about!!!! It install SPRecovery for you, it installs the ROM for you, its basically idiot proof!!! And it can look and perform exactly the way BB 7.4 does.....if you install the smoked glass theme its like almost the same thing just made by different people....
well i was just think aout reinstalling the sprecovery again through the terminal emulator again and see if it comes back. I dont know if installing it twice will give any issues. You think? Sholes mod huh? i kinda juss wanted the bb thing but in my position will i be able to install the sholes mod updater. Do i still clear cache and data? Everyone says that makes thingss so much less buggy.

triptych

Reaction score
If you missed some steps while in adb, the stock recovery flashes over automatically upon boot as a safety feature. Double check your commands.

I followed the tutorial on rootyourdroid.info for properly flashing the improved recovery and it works flawlessly.

Here is the link:
http://rootyourdroid.info/guides/custom-recovery-image/

Last edited: