Feedback tethering your X to a notebook/netbook

OP
D

Domina

Reaction score
Anyone using PDAnet, easytether, wifi tether is strait up stealing bandwidth.

I have to say I disagree with that statement. If you're using either the phone OR an attached device (not both at the same time), it's no different than plugging a KVM into your netbook.

I prefer to use a real keyboard and to view the display on a bigger monitor. Since I'm using a program that facilitates this, am I stealing bandwidth?

Now, rooting your phone to enable a free hotspot for you and several users to connect to - sure, stealing bandwidth. Plugging a keyboard and monitor into your phone, not so much.

Friar

Reaction score
Well according to Verizon using things like eztether or pdanet to access your unlimited data on a bigger screen w/physical keyboard is stealing bandwidth and they don't like it. They require that you use their apps for tethering which require you to pay even more money and have a capped data limit. However because of the way that these aps (pdanet/eztether) access the data it looks the same to them as using your phones browser and they don't know your are tethering unless you publicize this fact. Is this fair considering you are already paying $30 for "unlimited" data from their network? Well that is a matter of opinion, I try to keep mine to myself just in case someone from the carrier is watching ;)

Inkog

Reaction score
I was able to tether vis bluetooth to my Windows 7 laptop out-of-the-box, without downloading any app. dancedroid

Lets just pray that today's OTA update that "fixes" bluetooth doesn't break it.