FBI Claims Won't Share iPhone 5C Hacking Secret with Apple Because They Don't Understand It

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When it comes to court cases then people should get to decide and I still believe in that.

This instance had nothing to do with courts so it's a different matter altogether.
You believed the people should decide on this exact matter back in March. Now, because it's no longer a court issue, your opinion has changed?

As I said, you don't have a solid opinion.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Different issue. There government was trying to force public company to work for them.
Here it's whether people retain their human rights while committing crime.
Two have nothing in common. And we have really went off topic.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Owner gives up any rights soon as they stop following law of the land. Given that 5% of population are incarcerated, there are plenty of phones to break into.

Government has been listening in on everyone for past 70 years, why it's a big deal now is beyond me.
You do realize the "law of the land" is completely separate from the law of the government right?

unless they can prove without a shadow of a doubt or they catch you red handed and have 100% irrefutable evidence then privacy is privacy and there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON they should have back door access into my stuff. PERIOD!!!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree and I don't think government would want to waste time and money backdooring into innocent people's lives.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree and I don't think government would want to waste time and money backdooring into innocent people's lives.
No, that's exactly what they want to do is control everything about everyone's life.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless @dgstorm opens a new thread on this subject I'm going to piggyback. (DG if you do open one I'll delete this and discuss there)

Judge orders woman to unlock iPhone with her fingerprint

^stories like those are a touchy subject. Don't get me wrong I understand the point that @cereal killer made about if you didn't do anything. But this is where I feel like this is a touchy issue. Yes we have threats of criminals and terrorists attacks and I would want the authorities to do everything they can to prevent another one. But my concern lies in that we know we have corrupt people in authority and I don't like the idea that a cop fishing and looking to close a case can just force me to unlock my device.
Yeah I know they must get a warrant, but there should be more. I should be able to deny you access unless we unlock in the presence of my attorney and I can either eagle eye you or I do the touching. Innocent until proven guilty should not mean I have to unlock and give you my phone with my personal info. Now to be fair to prevent me from wiping or remote wiping I'm all for holding until we get the attorney present.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless @dgstorm opens a new thread on this subject I'm going to piggyback. (DG if you do open one I'll delete this and discuss there)

Judge orders woman to unlock iPhone with her fingerprint

^stories like those are a touchy subject. Don't get me wrong I understand the point that @cereal killer made about if you didn't do anything. But this is where I feel like this is a touchy issue. Yes we have threats of criminals and terrorists attacks and I would want the authorities to do everything they can to prevent another one. But my concern lies in that we know we have corrupt people in authority and I don't like the idea that a cop fishing and looking to close a case can just force me to unlock my device.
Yeah I know they must get a warrant, but there should be more. I should be able to deny you access unless we unlock in the presence of my attorney and I can either eagle eye you or I do the touching. Innocent until proven guilty should not mean I have to unlock and give you my phone with my personal info. Now to be fair to prevent me from wiping or remote wiping I'm all for holding until we get the attorney present.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nefarious government agent wants access to former girlfriend's phone. That I have a problem with. I agree with those stating it could protect criminals if honest officials can't get into devices. It's dishonest officials where I go the other direction. The founding fathers had parts about search and seizure because they knew not all officials are on the up and up. Never have been, never will be, thus constitutional protections. If they have probable cause to search as defined by the law I think it's ok to search ones device. Probable cause can get sketchy though in its interpretation so there is no black and white answer. I just thank the Lord I live in a country where I can voice this opinion publicly without fear of reprisal but if we let freedom continually slip away in the name of security I fear the day may come where I, or my children, may not be able to be so open in their opinions and stances.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Reactions: cr6

JDH

Reaction score
I was a bit surprised to see I'm the news this past weekend that Apple is going to crack open the phone of the two young boys lost at sea recently. How do they justify doing that and holding the hard line regarding the terrorist attack in CA. Must be looking for love