Fastest + Most Stable ROM?

ab41681114

Reaction score
What's the fastest most stable ROM out there, as of today, Tuesday, July 13th.

Is verizon's official release the best ROM?

If not, please link me.. I was considering Bugless Beast 4.0, if their's something better, badder and newer link me up please?

Thanks guys.

gatewayad

Reaction score
I would try SS 4.4
I find it the best i have had to date. Fast and smooth plus I'm running the black glass 2.2 theme and launcher pro, its the perfect combination

DroidJ

Reaction score
i recommend simply stunning 4.4 with a nice theme for it :)

OP
A

ab41681114

Reaction score
Does ss 4.4 have the froyo app tray and the new looking grid thing? You know what I mean, the basic gui? And what is the boot animation?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's virtually no difference in speed and they are all stable now. Try Bugless, Chevy's SS, Sapphire, CM6, Jrummy, etc., etc. They are all excellent.

I have tested Bugless, Chevy's, Sapphire, UD with the same kernels and there was no difference, on my droid, in the speed as measured by Linpack, Quadrant and Setcpu Short.

My advice is the find a theme you like and then load a rom that supports that theme.

krinklebein

Reaction score
This is it

CVPCS-Sapphire is far and above the best rom out there as of now. It is the most complete, well built, entertaining and interesting rom to date.
It came to life at a time when android was already developing exponentually, and others had a huge head start on them. They completely built their own rom from source from the ground up. Such as cynogen is well known for. To introduce new,useful and unique features and incorporate many of the friendly favorites of the other roms is nothing short of amazing. The support, information and attention they give to their ROM and growing user base is also top notch. They popped up at a crazy time when froyo was just leaked, and have been gaining momentum ever since. If things continue to develope for them as they are now, it will be a short time till they are on top. Do yourself a big favor and try out Sapphire, it truely is a gem. As for themes, there are quite a few already. Wait till all themers give sapphire a shot, they will want to theme that ROM

krinklebein

Reaction score
I have had my droid since dec. '09 and been Romming ever since.
I flash them all and give em a look and feel.
like cynogen mod alot, loved and used buggless beast forever, have both of those newest roms on backup incase i need a change, but i just cant get away from team sapphire and have not had one reason since i first flashed any of there roms. that being 0.8.4

velocity92c

Reaction score
Not true on there not being speed differences between Froyo roms. My QS score is leaps and bounds better on BB than CM, SS and others. I'm talking 500+ points better, and with the same kernels and cpu speed. BB is the fastest, though I have not tried Sapphire, but am going to flash it now after reading this thread.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You had some bad installs then. On my Droid all of those roms scored the same on quadrant, setup short, setup long and linpack using the same kernel and only the Rom makers native theme.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Codiusprie

Reaction score
CVPCS-Sapphire is far and above the best rom out there as of now. It is the most complete, well built, entertaining and interesting rom to date.

Hardly.

Just try different ROMS and pick one that you like. There isn't going to be a huge difference in speed between all of the quality ROMS people have listed here already. I've tried all the big ones and right now am running BB .4 and couldn't be happier. It really just depends on what options you find important. As far as Sapphire goes, I have loaded it up on numerous occasions and have always had to wipe and load a backup because of the force closes. I know my experience isn't typical but still, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I've tried every ROM on 4 different Droids (on a regular basis) and Sapphire is by far the fastest. It's really the only ROM that is any different in terms of feel and overall speed of applications opening and scrolling.

nwilkins15

Reaction score
Onix Froyo 2.0

Onix froyoz 2.0 is the fastest and most stable rom available. I've been using it since it was released. Tried CM6 and BB 0.4 and this rom is just as stable, and much faster and smoother, even at stock speeds.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a particular ROM that I've found to be incredibly stable and fast, but I don't remember the name exactly... I think it rhymed with rock... or dock... oh yeah, STOCK. It runs flawless for me, and with a little OC, super fast. :p

My other personal favs are SS 4.4 and Sapphire 0.8.4, but this is such an incredibly subjective topic because everybody's phone handles things a little different.