Fast charging is stupid.

ngt

Reaction score
Maybe in missing something. I'm at 42%, fast charging gets me a full charge in 1h 4m, regular charging gets me a full charge in 1h 12m. Etc? That's not fast at all. I save 8 minutes and "my battery may get hot " . Does anyone see more of a difference than this?

rongotti

Reaction score
****. Fast charging seems to work way better for me.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
****. Fast charging seems to work way better for me.

How much of a difference do you get? Maybe I'm missing something. Is it progressive? Meaning it gets faster as you charge? If not, why am I seeing so little difference?

jason2316

Reaction score
I see a big difference in times. My rapid charger will charge my T 2 from 30- 40% in about 30 min.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Why doesn't mine have as big of a difference?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When you first plug it in they are initial estimates. It takes awhile for the charge to reach its peak charge (to my understanding and from what I've read). So the initial estimate doesn't seem much faster, but if you put the device down and don't use it, then it definitely does work much faster than with regular charging.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Ok, I'll leave it in on fast charge for 20 minutes next tune, then check the time remaining. Then turn off fast charge and see the time remaining on regular charge.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Fast charging is way faster for me..full charge in 40 or less and no heat..until my fast charging circuit burned out..second time..waiting for t2#³

rongotti

Reaction score
I have never made a side by side comparison, but I do feel that the initial estimate is usually pretty conservative.

jason2316

Reaction score
Fast charging is way faster for me..full charge in 40 or less and no heat..until my fast charging circuit burned out..second time..waiting for t2#³

You say your having problems with chargers going bad or the phone. I've been through two Motorola chargers and probably two of the Verizon ones.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, fast charging doesn't charge super fast all the way from empty battery to full battery. In fact, above 40%, it probably is charging more closely to the speed of a "regular" charger. Faster chargers typically provide more power faster when the battery is lower, getting you up to a half charge faster. Once they reach a certain level, they tend to throttle back.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You say your having problems with chargers going bad or the phone. I've been through two Motorola chargers and probably two of the Verizon ones.

It's not the charger..tried 2 other moto fast chargers and they won't connect to the port either..It just went out.

jason2316

Reaction score
What are you saying??? It's the phone that's killing them

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What are you saying??? It's the phone that's killing them

No I'm saying my phone's charging port is jacked up..bad solder joint or something..maybe it's damaged the quick charge unit designed by Qualcomm. It physically is OK..but won't work..nothing in it, hasn't been wet..other than a few sprinkles going from my truck to the house or business..I'm careful with my phone's..