Farewell, Blackberry!

pamsch

Reaction score
Hello, everybody! Just a quick intro as I don't actually have my Droid 4 yet (it's due tomorrow!!!)- I'm sure I'll have lots of questions soon. I've been with bb forever, it seems. They just can't keep up anymore. Hope I'm making the right move.

Pam

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Droid 4 ought to be a great device for you. Sometimes I regret getting the Maxx instead of the D4. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello, everybody! Just a quick intro as I don't actually have my Droid 4 yet (it's due tomorrow!!!)- I'm sure I'll have lots of questions soon. I've been with bb forever, it seems. They just can't keep up anymore. Hope I'm making the right move.

Pam

Once you get used to the DROID, you will wonder why you haven't always had one, and where its been your whole life!! I know, I was once a blackberry user, had the storm, tour, bold, and storm2. Then one beautiful day I went into Verizon and tried one of those "stupid droids" a DROIDX to be exact.

It turned my world upside down!!! And I've been with droids ever since. I've had the DROIDX, DROIDX-2, Bionic, and now the RAZR MAXX. Love em all!!

Welcome to the forum!! Enjoy the new device!!

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums and the Android family Pam!! Let us know if you need anything along the way, we are here to help :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

I think you will be pleased with your decision but keep in mind a learning curve (possibly)...if ya have questions, be sure to post them up and we will be happy to help if we can!

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Welcome Pam! I remember what seems like forever ago, my girlfriend had a BB Storm and I got the Og Droid. She thought her Storm was the s#! T and my Droid was stupid. One day I caught her playing with it. Her next upgrade she got the Droid X. The other day she was laughing about how dumb she used to think Android was, as she was typing on her new Droid X2! Someone is always here to help you, just ask.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
Welcome to the Android community! If you need help or have any issues just let us know. Most of us have dealt with the issues new users run into.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Pam! Great to have you here. Yes you made the right decision. It pains me to say that because I was a HUGE bb fan but as you noticed they have failed to keep ahead of the times. I hope they can turn it around, but it may be too late. Enjoy the forums and welcome to your new home. The D4 is a killer handset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to the forum and to Android. I just gave my wife my Incredible 2 to replace her BB Bold. She's hooked and not missing her BB at all. You made the right move but as the others have said there is going to be a learning curve. Once you're past that you'll never look back.

This was posted using my Rezound.

OP
P

pamsch

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm hanging out at home today, waiting for the fedex guy. dancedroid

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm hanging out at home today, waiting for the fedex guy. dancedroid

My second maxx is coming today, so I'm waiting for fedex too. Lol. Let me know when you get yours so i can get impatient lmao.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Pam. I used to be a Crackberry junkie and thought I could never do without the physical keyboard that the BB's had. It took a little adjusting to get used to a touch screen for typing but I think you'll be happy you made the switch !