Failed Rooting Question

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
So im not actually planning on rooting my phone or anything, but i am just wondering, if you try to root your phone and it wont read that error message thats needed or whatever (the thing that always goes wrong that people are having trouble with) how do you get your phone back to normal working order? im sure the phone is not bricked in this case, but how it it that the phone can go back to being useable? just curious. thank you

nfcrockett

Reaction score
Nothing is being changed when you do not get the error message or get the error message. All you are doing is trying to get adb to recognize your incredible while in recovery.

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
so there is really no penalty to being unable to root the droid incredible? this seems to be the only part that i could possibly screw up on, and if failure at that point doesnt affect the phone, i should be fine right?

nfcrockett

Reaction score
so there is really no penalty to being unable to root the droid incredible? this seems to be the only part that i could possibly screw up on, and if failure at that point doesnt affect the phone, i should be fine right?

Ya like I said it does not make any changes to your device, it's all about timing and getting adb to recognize your device in recovery. You will be fine, just read the instructions and 10min video and take your time.