fail to flash SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf, need help!

thinkmega

Reaction score
I have a stock 2.1 and I failed to apply SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf. Here is what happened:

1. I followed exactly the steps outlined in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/49671-stock-2-1-2-2-froyo-step-step-installation.html; RSDLite was able to identify the phone after selecting the sbf. Then I click "Start", it took about 2-3 minutes, and ended the process with failure.

I was in shock. And the loader screen did not go away, even I pressed the power key. At the end, I took the battery out. Now everything appears to be back to where it was.

Is there anyway I can ascertain the phone is "as was"?

Any advise?

thanks, very much need help here.
J.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you try to reflash the .sbf? Make sure your phone is charged up before doing it.

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Under status, it first showed "Phone[0000]: Waiting for re-enumeration" with "Executed 100%" under Progress. When it ended, it showed "Failed flashing process. .. Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent (0x703E); phone disconnected."

Hope these info would help. thanks again.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want you can ask a mod to move this to the rescue squad section, maybe more of us will see this thread there.

J

Johnly

Maybe more people will see this, and I am sure you are on a administrator account on your computer!

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Just sent him the private message, hope he will get to it soon.

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Here is the latest:

I move to another PC, newer BIOS if there is any difference, and redo the process for the 3rd time. It works. I got the SPRecovery installed.

I will continue to rest now. Please do not go to bed too early. I need help....

J

Johnly

Here is the latest:

I move to another PC, newer BIOS if there is any difference, and redo the process for the 3rd time. It works. I got the SPRecovery installed.

I will continue to rest now. Please do not go to bed too early. I need help....
Your genius! Congrats, and have fun! Nandroid backups are always a first (I have 15 just in case:)

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
nandroid back is being done. I suspect the problem was caused by old BIOS. That box is old, built in 2003. Thanks for the help. And don't go away.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nandroid back is being done. I suspect the problem was caused by old BIOS. That box is old, built in 2003. Thanks for the help. And don't go away.

What are you going to do if I do :icon_eek:

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Where is the backup file? I find a directory nandroid, and a sub-directory inside. There are 7 individual files. Was the backup done right? How do I restore them? One by one or nandroid knows what to do?

J

Johnly

Where is the backup file? I find a directory nandroid, and a sub-directory inside. There are 7 individual files. Was the backup done right? How do I restore them? One by one or nandroid knows what to do?
Check my sig for the link, and follow step 3:) PS, read the thread and you will be jedi!

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! The latest from the Droid front is .... things go well after the rocky start. I will follow your every advise, backup everything at milestone change....

So far, I got the frf84b installed. My check list:

1. dial in and dial out -- not problem;
2. apps are more or less there, calltrack is not though, any idea?
3. navigation appears to be ok, dont have a chance to use it;
4. gallery is working fine, pictures and video appear to be in right order;

I am going to apply that Market_fix_FRF84b.zip. I dont know what it will fix though. Anyway, that is where I am.

Thanks for all the help and support. To me the night is still young ...