Factory reset

plongson

Reaction score
I'm considering a factory reset after the OTA 2.1 to get PICASA sync in the gallery and perhaps Google earth. I wonder what will happen to contacts?
Which is the best method, SETTINGS, PERSONAL, RESET. Or the hold the "X" to start method.

Shoop

Reaction score
www.google.com/mobile/earth/

On the website it says it's available for the iPhone and Nexus, and coming soon to the motorola droid.

It may be a compatibility issue and they will be releasing it soon for the droid. If you don't really have that big of a need for it I would wait until they atleast get all the updates out to everybody. They may release it for the droid then.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm considering a factory reset after the OTA 2.1 to get PICASA sync in the gallery and perhaps Google earth. I wonder what will happen to contacts?
Which is the best method, SETTINGS, PERSONAL, RESET. Or the hold the "X" to start method.

Use that one. And your contacts are backed up by Google. You never have to worry about losing contacts, it's all in gmail.

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score

Use that one. And your contacts are backed up by Google. You never have to worry about losing contacts, it's all in gmail.

Hey Hook, should I pull the SD card before doing the "S,P,R" method??