Facebook with Contact sync for Milestone

big_adventure

Reaction score
I picked this up on Alldroid, and am using it.

The Facebook app on the milestone did not have the contact sync function that the Droid has. You can now find a Facebook.apk from another build that does this nicely:

http://www.filedropper.com/facebook

I'm using it and it works well - this never worked with the Milestone before.

One thing weird - I had to uninstall my old Facebook app AND change the locale of my phone from France to US to get the app to install - it refused to install until I did both. YMMV

arlissfreire

Reaction score
Hello big_adventure
Can you please share it again?
The link rapidshare is returning an error!
Thanks

Golgo

Reaction score
No, this was no good. It didn't pull any pics from FB to my contacts, instead it deleted all my Google contact pics so now I dont have any pics at all.
Also, every time FB synced, it associated itself with every contact all over again.
Uninstalled, hope I can get my old Google pics back somehow.

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
No, this was no good. It didn't pull any pics from FB to my contacts, instead it deleted all my Google contact pics so now I dont have any pics at all.
Also, every time FB synced, it associated itself with every contact all over again.
Uninstalled, hope I can get my old Google pics back somehow.

There is a post by a Verizon tech in the Droid forum that advises deleting the facebook sync account, then recreating it to solve this known problem.

Good luck!

yuggyp

Reaction score
Ummm uninstalled old FB app, rebooted and installed this version
Gives you all the options to sync but all it does it add a FB profile panel at the bottom of a matched contact with View Proile link but that doesn't work either and goes to my own FB profile!?

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
Ummm uninstalled old FB app, rebooted and installed this version
Gives you all the options to sync but all it does it add a FB profile panel at the bottom of a matched contact with View Proile link but that doesn't work either and goes to my own FB profile!?

I never said it was particularly useful. :)

No, this seems to be a problem / limitation with this Facebook - it will sync the contacts, but clicking on that does NOT go to the contact's profile. Instead you get your own profile. BUT, you WILL get your FB contacts' phone numbers, emails addresses, etc., PLUS if you tell it to sync all, rather than sync matched, you will get the FB contacts that are not in Google added to the Contacts app. THAT all works, and that's why I wanted it.

rynoman03

Reaction score
This is How I Did It.

dancedroidI'm using a Motorolla Droid so this may be different for other people. dancedroid

1.) Open your Facebook App.

2.) Press your Menu Button.

3.) Press the Settings Button.

4.) Scroll down until you see the Sync Contacts Option and Press It!

5.) Second option from the top is Sync With Existing Contacts with a radio button beside it. Press it.

6.) Press OK.

7.) Wait a few minutes and your phone will start begin to sync the photos and info with your contacts. At first I thought it didn't work then i started messing around with my phone and it said downloading contact information and the pictures started popping up.

dancedroidGood Luck! dancedroid