Facebook Sync Screws up Contacts

Nutopia

Reaction score
Hi. I turned on the Facebook sync almost immediately after I got my phone today. Now I notice a bunch of my contacts are screwed up. For example, someone I had listed as 'Katrina' now has 4 mobile numbers associated with her name... I have no idea which is correct, or who the other numbers used to be. On top of that, I can't add phone numbers to my friends who were added from facebook - basically making the facebook sync totally useless.

Anyone know if there's a way to revert my contacts? Maybe take the phone into the store and have them clear it off and just start over.

Warning to everyone: be careful if you try the facebook contact sync!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you click on the name of the user, click on the menu button and go to edit contact. I don't know if this is what you are looking for but there is a "revert" button on that screen for the user.

OP
N

Nutopia

Reaction score
When you click on the name of the user, click on the menu button and go to edit contact. I don't know if this is what you are looking for but there is a "revert" button on that screen for the user.

The revert button doesn't seem to do much that I've figured out yet.

Looks like you have to Edit Contacts, then press the Settings button a second time and use either the Join or Separate options. This is gonna be a real pain in the butt...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The revert button doesn't seem to do much that I've figured out yet.

Looks like you have to Edit Contacts, then press the Settings button a second time and use either the Join or Separate options. This is gonna be a real pain in the butt...

Yeah it does sound like it, They really should allow for editing of contacts regardless of where they come from.

egan21

Reaction score
I had the same problem today. My contacts were all messed up so I removed my facebook account application. I then transfered all my contacts from my old phone (windows mobile) into a .scv file using the program TBExport and imported all my contacts back into my phone through google voice.

I'm sure there might be an easier way but, it worked for me and didn't take but maybe 20mins with a few minor adjustments.

Zeblue

Reaction score
Information Not Editable On This Device

Hey, my response may help some users and the OP, though I came here looking for a solution to an issue not exactly the same as this.

I synced my Facebook contacts and noticed that I was not able to use the edit function on some contacts to add their phone numbers. The message I got was "information not editable on this device" or something similar. I tried the "revert" and "edit" options from different points as suggested in some responses here, but that didn't fix my problem.

droidforum001.jpg

I did, however, find a solution: When viewing the information for the contact I wished to edit, I only saw "Done" and "Revert" options. At this point, I hit the menu options button, again, and I used the "New Contact" option. In the new window I entered the person's name as it appeared for their Facebook-synced info, added their number, and clicked done. The DROID automatically joined this new contact info with the uneditable info from Facebook. What's more, the info for the same contact I was just told was uneditable, is now editable.

Weird, I know, but very simple to fix once you know this.

Last edited:

chuckiek

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this loophole in editing FB contact.

crawfordjs

Reaction score
FB "No Content" error

when i first got my droid, FB was accessible - now when i try to access my profie, or news feeds i get a "No Content" and this error:
"An error has occurred when fetching data (102/Session key or invalid or no longer invalid).

Any idea how i can get this fixed? :icon_eek:

baniels

Reaction score
Ever since the blackberry app came out I have no trust whatsoever in good integration between facebook and contacts (and calendar, for that matter).

catie414

Reaction score
I just got my Droid today. I guess I didn't mean to "sync" my phone with Facebook. Now, all of my Facebook friends have been added to my phone contacts. I now have over 400 phone contacts. I definitely did NOT want this. Does anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks!

loop4zil

Reaction score
I just got my Droid today. I guess I didn't mean to "sync" my phone with Facebook. Now, all of my Facebook friends have been added to my phone contacts. I now have over 400 phone contacts. I definitely did NOT want this. Does anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks!

I had a similar issue...I had to go in and manage the contacts via my gmail account on the home laptop. It only took a min...and the changes showed up on my phone in no time.

mooncat1337

Reaction score
I had a little problem synching the phone with my facebook. At one point I had to wipe the entire list because I added all 200 of my friends and that was just overload. Once it was set up the way I wanted it to be, all of my contacts were set up with their corresponding facebook accounts however, I've noticed that some contacts, although they have all of their facebook information correct, and I was able to locate their proper facebook name, some of their contact pictures from FB wont show on my device. Right now I have 71 contacts in my phone and 3 of which dont have photos. Their facebooks have all the proper data(my contact list has all of their FB information and when i go to their profile they have pictures as their profile picture), i've tried rejoining them, hoping a picture would appear then(I've noticed I've had to redo the connection every once and a while and the picture then shows up when I go to pick from the list) but still 3 don't display the image. I was wondering why this might be happening and if so, if there's a way to fix it. Its not a huge inconvenience but if 68 can connect properly why can't these 3?...

Pelican

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and solved it by editing my contact list prior to syncing. You must have both first and last names listed for all of your contacts, otherwise when synched, the phone will group names together with similar first names.

liflander

Reaction score
Thanks, Zeblue. Your suggestion of adding a new contact to merge with FB contact worked fine for me.
-Mark

leahdeah

Reaction score
when i first got my droid, FB was accessible - now when i try to access my profie, or news feeds i get a "No Content" and this error:
"An error has occurred when fetching data (102/Session key or invalid or no longer invalid).

Any idea how i can get this fixed? :icon_eek:

I'm having this same problem. It seems to be a sync issue ?? I think-- as my sync for Facebook has said "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" but has not come back for days now ?!?!?!? HELP