Facebook Notifications

ace22286

Reaction score
I used to have a blackberry and every time i got a reply to a status update or someone tagged me in a picture or really anything that you can get a notification for i got a little notification instantly on my blackberry. On the Incredible i cant even get a notification at all. I want a notification icon to pop up on my incredible where my mail and text notifications pop up at the top and i cant even figure out how to get any notifications at all on facebook app. I cant even get it to update except once an hour either and i would like fore that to be instant. Can some one help me.

wowetta

Reaction score
(bump)
Anyone????

I am wondering the same thing. I miss a lot of the BB features that I was used to... simple things...

Mark_Venture

Reaction score
(bump)
Anyone????

I am wondering the same thing. I miss a lot of the BB features that I was used to... simple things...
I'd like to know too. As advanced as Android is in some respect, its behind in a few of the more important, and seemingly SIMPLE ones.

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
I havent tried this but cant you go to facebook and enter your phone number for facebook mobile and it will notify you with notifications. I know that was what I did with my Omnia, I dont see why it would be different with the Droid.

bl42ed0

Reaction score
I havent tried this but cant you go to facebook and enter your phone number for facebook mobile and it will notify you with notifications. I know that was what I did with my Omnia, I dont see why it would be different with the Droid.

Well on the blackberry a notification directly from the Facebook app would appear and when you clicked on the message it would send you into the Facebook app as opposed to just allowing you to read and reply in the form of a text message.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just get email notifications...

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Well on the blackberry a notification directly from the Facebook app would appear and when you clicked on the message it would send you into the Facebook app as opposed to just allowing you to read and reply in the form of a text message.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

O really hmm interesting

sosleepy

Reaction score
yep. i'm up for suggestions too... I WAS getn email notifications, but then fb decided to even nip that in the butt... i would really like a better option for notifications than signing up for sms text msging ... but I guess for now that's all we've got. also all the fb apps suck. I connect straight from my browser... & that sucks too. i'd love to scream "what's so hard about getn fb work right on my suposedly 'really cool phone'"... but I don't know... maybe it really is just really, really difficult =(

ggreekggod

Reaction score
FriendCaster seems to be a good facebook app and sends notifications like getting a text.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
check the settings in the facebook app. Any notification will show up via the notification bar and when you click it, it will lead you to that activity through the facebook app.

CubanX

Reaction score
That's nothing new mine an my girls phone don't always tell us when we have a notification it has been like that with alot of my phones

Sent from my HTC Glacier that's running CM7

jcardona1

Reaction score
Facebook for Android doesn't support notifications, it never has. Check the settings. You'll see it only lists notifications for messages, events, etc. Not for things like comments, posts, etc.

Been using the app for two years and not once have i gotten a notification, although some claim they get push notifications for everything. Seems very random.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Facebook for Android doesn't support notifications, it never has. Check the settings. You'll see it only lists notifications for messages, events, etc. Not for things like comments, posts, etc.

Been using the app for two years and not once have i gotten a notification, although some claim they get push notifications for everything. Seems very random.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
I get notifications for posts, messages, comments, etc.:blink:

jcardona1

Reaction score
I get notifications for posts, messages, comments, etc.:blink:

Yeah that's what I mean, very strange! It doesn't support those types of notifications, but some people get them, and other like me, not one notification in two years! Very strange. Some people have said that logging into FB with a Blackberry device adds a special permission that gives you push notifications on Android. At the same time, others say it doesn't do anything for them. I have to rely on email notifications.