facebook errors

JTDroid

Reaction score
the last 3 days i been getting facebook errors on its app in the notification area, i try to refresh and an error comes up, anyone having the same problem?

Dutch7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I get a "Cannot retrieve notifications. Please try again later. [601/Parser error: unexpected '-' at position 57.]" error. Is that the same one you are getting? Been getting it for 2-3 days now. Tried logging off and logging back on with no success.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I'm getting this too. Somewhat happy I'm not the only one. Anyone know where we would post about this issue? Who dev'd the FB app for the MOTO DROID?

iPirate

Reaction score
I had an error like this too. It went way i dont remember how.

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
yea thats the same error im gettin, i tried signing out and signing also but nuthin

rook

Reaction score
I'm still getting the error. Its been 3-4 days now

texas outlaw

Reaction score
Lots of people are. It's all over Google and Facebook. The wife had it (along with me) but she told me today that her's is working fine now. Mine is still flashing the error. Will be checking hers when she gets home. There are other FB apps, like Bloo, but IMO aren't as good as the default app. Hoping they fix this soon.

longshot

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with the notifications refresh and have tried everything from logging off and back in and a soft reset with no luck. I've posted on the Verizon Tech Ask Me thread with no responce. I guess no one with any knowledge knows anything about it or they're "working on it". The phone came with it per loaded, you'd think verizon would be more on top of a popular app malfunction like this..
VERY FRUSTRATED!:mad:

cisco0910

Reaction score
the facebook app sucks. this is what I do..i got the facebook app, bloo and a shortcut to facebook touch all in a row in one of my screens. if a feature doesn't work on one it'll work on the other. for example, if I wanna ck out my notifications ill use facebook touch, works awesome. if i wanna click on a picture in the feed without it opening the browser ill use bloo. If I want to check my inbox ill use facdebook touch again.

Now if the stock facebook app can combine all these features iinto there's, it'll be golden!

Dutch7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Looks like the Notifications are fixed... (for now)