Facebook duplicates

machnhed

Reaction score
So... got two friends with the same name. Both have facebook profiles. My phone insists on merging these into the same contact, even though I've entered their proper email addresses and middle initials to try and force them to separate.

Any ideas?

Zack

Mamaperk

Reaction score
So... got two friends with the same name. Both have facebook profiles. My phone insists on merging these into the same contact, even though I've entered their proper email addresses and middle initials to try and force them to separate.

Any ideas?

Zack

Handcent has been doing this with my brother and father - both have the same name but one is going by Tom and the other Thomas with his middle initial ... still I get my father's FB profile pic and name pop up on my brother's text messages. (my dad never texts so i know it's my brother but see my father's face LOL) When I check the stock messaging app, it has it all straight so I'm assuming it's just a handcent issue. Not sure if this is similar to your issue but figured I'd mention it.

OP
machnhed

machnhed

Reaction score
Handcent has been doing this with my brother and father - both have the same name but one is going by Tom and the other Thomas with his middle initial ... still I get my father's FB profile pic and name pop up on my brother's text messages. (my dad never texts so i know it's my brother but see my father's face LOL) When I check the stock messaging app, it has it all straight so I'm assuming it's just a handcent issue. Not sure if this is similar to your issue but figured I'd mention it.

I do run into a similar issue with the texts with both Chomp and Handcent apps... That one doesn't bug me as much, cuz I know who is who based on conversation and whatnot... But the wrong pictures do come up, for sure. And are correct in the stock app. But it still bugs the hell outta me that the contacts have been merged on my phone... even though they obviously remain separate in my gmail contacts.