Facebook contact ?

SCDroid

Reaction score
I've searched every droid forum out there to no avail....but i have synced all of my contacts with their facebook pictures...but one contact i accidentally deleted his facebook contact from my phone. The problem is i tried to resync to get it back and it didnt work. So i defriended him, resynced. Added him back as a friend and resync and it still won't add his facebook contact back (so i can join it to his regular phone contact like all the others)...i'm out of options. Anyone help?

Also i reinstalled the newest handcent and it STILL won't use everyone's facebook pictures eventhough my phone has them all correct. Just does random ones.

JayMonster

Reaction score
This is only a guess but...

Go to the Facebook App.

Go to the menu and Settings

Scroll down to "Sync Contacts"

Change it to Remove Facebook Data

Allow it to remove the data

Then go back into Facebook and Change it back to Sync All (or Sync with existing contacts).

Hopefully by clearing out the Facebook "data" first it will remove whatever is blocking the information from coming back across.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Yeah, I had some of those same issues.

I hate to say it but, I ended up giving up on synching my FB contacts with my phone contacts. It wouldn't connect everyone with their FB account, some pics werent displaying and I hate how it would auto-populate their full name. I didn't really care to have my wife's and other family members, full names listed. Too impersonal

I may try it again in the future, once they improve how the 2 are synched.

Xeight

Reaction score
Ive had the same problem as the original poster. When i first synced my contacts to my fb, it created many duplicates for many of my contacts. While i finally found out you can merge any contact together by navigating through menu options and one by one adding them together, i also accidentally deleted one facebook contact instead of merging, and have yet figured out how to bring his info back to my phone...ive yet to remove the account from my phone because i know i will have to individually resnyc each contact again, and would rather deal with not having his info. Id assume removing the account from your phone, which you can do through the menu, would work though, since youre basically starting over.

*Edit- Tried removing the facebook account from the phone, and resyncing, brought my missing contact back, although i did have to manually re-join all the misplaced contacts. But now its all in tip top shape. Also, im currently using Handcent sms, and after merging my accounts, only some contacts would display their picture in any 3rd party program, and this i found was due to the contacts number being stored in their facebook contact info, and you must put their phone number in as a google contact as well, and then the picture (from the linked facebook account) will show up as it should.

superalpaca

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but for my phone after I updated to 2.0.1, the joining options seems to be fixed. Now when I click on the join, it lists the another contact with a similar name or you can choose to view all the contacts.