Facebook - Birthdays and numbers

detacht69

Reaction score
so today I called a contact whom I've never called before and he's got the MotoX. He did not have me added in his contacts, however when he received my call, his phone recognized the number off of Facebook, and showed him my name and profile picture.. I WANT MY PHONE TO DO THAT :)

Also, my other friend has some blackberry where it syncs friends bdays based on facebook into his calendar, I WANT MY PHONE TO DO THIS :)

Does anyone know how/if it can be done?

Thanks! MUCH LOVE

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
What phone do you have ?

My Original Droid does this, if your facebook contacts are synced with your device and a phone number or email is associated with that contact the profile pic will come up

As far as the calendar you have to sync the FB birthdays with your gmail calendar on a computer and then they will show up on your devices calendar

OP
D

detacht69

Reaction score
sorry.. I forgot to say I have an Incredible..

I don't know how to do it but both my friends said they didn't have to do anything, it did it itself by default I guess

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see this is in the incredible section, so nevermind the first question

The add on to add facebook birthdays (and events) to gmail is called fdcal you can just google "fdcal" and it will walk you through the rest :)

fotc

Reaction score
just go to accounts and sync from the seetings, go to facebook for htc sense and just put your email and facebook password and it should set up everything.

E

Emtronics

My Dinc does this also. In fact, in my Google calender I have birthdays listed that I never entered which I assume is from Facebook. I would love to delete these from my calender on the phone but that isn't possible. You can delete them from the Calender by logging into your Google account on a computer.