Facebook app not working

swaldrop

Reaction score
The Facebook app that was included with the phone stopped working. I am now getting the following error when opening it:

An error had occured while fetching data. [102/session key invalid or no longer valid]

I did change my password in my FB account, but didn't see anywhere to edit that on the phone. I switched it back and now it doesn't seem to matter. I still get that same error. I would simply delete it and re upload it, but this particular app is not available under the Manage Apps section.

Any ideas?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go to settings > accounts & sync > then delete the facebook one from there and then readd it.

theduke211

Reaction score
Also get another application from the store. The Facebook application with the phone sucks. Hopefully Facebook/Google will write a better one but till then get another.

OP
S

swaldrop

Reaction score
Also get another application from the store. The Facebook application with the phone sucks. Hopefully Facebook/Google will write a better one but till then get another.

I actually think that it is pretty good. Very neat and loads fast. Which ones would you suggest as being better?

theduke211

Reaction score
Honestly mine is on a FedEx truck as we speak but I have spent a good amount of time playing with the phone already. I know there are lots in the app store and I will for sure be trying them out later today when I receive mine. Ill let you know then!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Honestly mine is on a FedEx truck as we speak but I have spent a good amount of time playing with the phone already. I know there are lots in the app store and I will for sure be trying them out later today when I receive mine. Ill let you know then!

I actually thinks its a very good program, I just wish it had the option to receive more alerts than it currently allows. Like wall posts/comments etc.

OP
S

swaldrop

Reaction score

I don't know man. My wife has the Eris and does not have access to the Facebook app that came with my Droid. I have looked around and can not find anything that is worth a dang for her phone. I am sure it could get better, but the pre-installed Facebook app for the Droid is the best there currently is (I think).

dannydoes

Reaction score
Thanks for the solution to this New2u! I had the same problem. I've had syncing issues with it too, where if I sync new contacts I've added, the app fails to do it, but other than these two problems, I agree with swaldrop, the facebook app on this phone is quite elegant.

Inundated

Reaction score
I now use the mobile version exclusively:

m.facebook.com

Even on a Droid, it bounces to touch.facebook.com, presumably it thinks the Droid is an iPod Touch or something...but it looks and works great. Better than the built-in app, which has to shove off to the mobile site for stuff like pictures.

bretfeltman

Reaction score
I hear ya man the face book app is sad!! and for everyone out there reading this I originally posted that ive email the developer many times and never hear anything from them so maybe if a bunch of people get together and email them it will make a difference their email address is [email protected] ..... anyone out there having the same issues email them... I just never get notifications and when I refresh all I get is a 601 error!!!! I just want them to do something about it I know this is affecting alot of people maybe if enough of us email them they will do something about it!!! lol