facebook and editing contacts

BPB

Reaction score
i've got an easy question with an easy answer i'm sure but i haven't yet figured it out. i've got my droid to synchronize my contacts with facebook information. on a particular facebook contact i want to add a phone number ( in my phone's contact list, that is). when i click on "edit contact" it says "this contact cannot be edited on this device". i went to my gmail account's contacts but this contact wasn't there at all.
So what's the best way to add info to a contact imported from Facebook to your Droid's contact list? Seems like it should be straightforward but apparently not?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smrivera80

Reaction score
Any contact that was synced into your contact list ONLY via Facebook cannot be edited; this is because the information that's listed there can only be edited by that user via his/her FB account. There should be an option when you "edit" through the menu key to add a phone number to that name, which will be on your phone only, and will not be grouped with the FB information. Either that, or you can add that person as a contact via Gmail and have that sync together with the existing FB contact.