Exporting Playlists from iTunes to Droid

ChrisRoberts

Reaction score
Hi guys. Not sure if this has been covered or not, but it took me a little while to figure out. I downloaded a few programs and they didn't really work very well, but I found a very, very simple solution. If you want to move your playlists from iTunes to your droid:

1. Open iTunes.
2. Highlight desired playlist
3. Click 'File' tab.
4. Scroll down to 'Library'.
5. Select 'Export Playlist'.
6. Click '.txt' tab and scroll down to '.m3u'.
7. Click 'Save'. [You should probably save it to your desktop.]
8. Connect your Droid via USB.
9. Mount your Droid's SD card.
10. From your computer, navigate to your Droid's SD card.
11. Drop the m3u file(s) into directory sdcard/Music/. [Make sure they aren't being placed into an artist folder.]
12. Let your SD card load up then navigate to 'Playlists' in your music player and let the good times roll. [Your SD card may take a few minutes to process the new files, so if they don't show up right away give it a couple minutes or reboot.]

Hope this was useful. I found this a lot faster than creating a playlist from the Driod and selecting each song one by one. I apologize if this was posted somewhere else already, I could not find it.

kfsmith5

Reaction score
I've gotten all the music that I want onto my phone, but not the playlists.
When I mount my phone, there's a folder for music here is where i put all my music files. however when i try to put my exported playlists from my desktop in the music folder, or any other it doesn't show up on my phone...
where do i put the playlists when theres no folder labeled sd card?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved music with a playlist and by groups of individual songs. I do not recall and advantage with either process.

ndfan4u

Reaction score
Hi guys. Not sure if this has been covered or not, but it took me a little while to figure out. I downloaded a few programs and they didn't really work very well, but I found a very, very simple solution. If you want to move your playlists from iTunes to your droid:

1. Open iTunes.
2. Highlight desired playlist
3. Click 'File' tab.
4. Scroll down to 'Library'.
5. Select 'Export Playlist'.
6. Click '.txt' tab and scroll down to '.m3u'.
7. Click 'Save'. [You should probably save it to your desktop.]
8. Connect your Droid via USB.
9. Mount your Droid's SD card.
10. From your computer, navigate to your Droid's SD card.
11. Drop the m3u file(s) into directory sdcard/Music/. [Make sure they aren't being placed into an artist folder.]
12. Let your SD card load up then navigate to 'Playlists' in your music player and let the good times roll. [Your SD card may take a few minutes to process the new files, so if they don't show up right away give it a couple minutes or reboot.]

Hope this was useful. I found this a lot faster than creating a playlist from the Driod and selecting each song one by one. I apologize if this was posted somewhere else already, I could not find it.

Thanks so much for posting this here. I was having alot of trouble with all the syncing apps out there. This was so much easier. Thanks again.

AverageAmy

Reaction score
Thanks!

Hi guys. Not sure if this has been covered or not, but it took me a little while to figure out. I downloaded a few programs and they didn't really work very well, but I found a very, very simple solution. If you want to move your playlists from iTunes to your droid:...

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. It was very helpful to me. I have a DROID RAZR MAXX and found that I needed to copy the playlist to the Playlists folder.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Dropped the m3u file to sdcard/music. File is there but nothing shows up in my music player. Did you have to create a playlists folder within the music folder?

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2