Export list of apps with links?

jantman

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if there's any existing app to export (HTML) a list of installed apps along with Market links to them?

I know that a few of the file/app manager apps will export a list of installed apps, but all the ones I could find only list they apps by name, they don't include a link.

On the other hand, /system/packages.xml includes the package name (i.e. com.whatever.whatever) required to generate the Market link, but doesn't include the actual (displayed) name of the app.

If nothing like this exists... does anyone know what class in the API retrieves a list of installed apps? I'd be more than happy to code this if I could only find where it is in the API...

Thanks,
Jason

erox76

Reaction score
well packages.xml located in /data/system/ contains all keys and whatnot...at least for moto droid that is!!
at the top is, i assume, all apps that come with the os.. then at the bottom i see all apps from market with respective keys...gl:icon_eek:
hope that helps

techguru

Reaction score
There is an app called share my apps that can create a list of all of your apps with market links and send it via email or any of your other "sharing" methods (ie, facebook, twitter if your list is very short, etc..).

It can also create a QR code on the screen for individual apps so another droid can barcode scan it and go to the market.

Alan

kevdog

Reaction score
I know this thread is dead, however the ShareMyApps app was just the ticket I needed to email a list of my installed apps to a friend that just bought an android phone. Thanks a lot.

techguru

Reaction score

harrellj

Reaction score
Granted, I know its an old link, but I'd recommend AppBrain for this purpose. You can create lists on the site of different apps and have them either public or private. The list of installed apps will also update itself every time you sync the account. It has a bonus of allowing you to view an app on their site and tell it to install, and have your phone install it within a few minutes (other than paid apps).