Exhange x for x2

cece5702

Reaction score
I say swap it out and root! The dual core is definitely worth $35 and the screen looks great to me.

Is it worth $85 in your opinion? I thought about swapping my Droid X ( I just purchased a week in a half ago) and get the Droid X2. I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee, plus the difference of the Droid X2 which is $50. I already received my rebate check. So I would owe the $50.00

Hmmmm.... Decisions..Decisions... I am hearing some complain about the screen display being pentile? Lagging? rebooting?

If you do decide to keep the X1, you can root it and get Gingerbread today. The X1 with GB is soooo smooth and quick. Just some food for thought!

What if I dont root it (scared to) and wait for the OTA update will I still experience Gingerbreads smooth and quickness?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Is it worth $85 in your opinion? I thought about swapping my Droid X ( I just purchased a week in a half ago) and get the Droid X2. I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee, plus the difference of the Droid X2 which is $50. I already received my rebate check. So I would owe the $50.00

Hmmmm.... Decisions..Decisions... I am hearing some complain about the screen display being pentile? Lagging? rebooting?

If you do decide to keep the X1, you can root it and get Gingerbread today. The X1 with GB is soooo smooth and quick. Just some food for thought!

What if I dont root it (scared to) and wait for the OTA update will I still experience Gingerbreads smooth and quickness?

Yep! Actually, it looks like that OTA will start rolling out this Friday.

cece5702

Reaction score

Awesome! I think I will just keep my new DX. A part fromt the faster processor I am hearing right many people complainig about bugs, lagging and rebooting with the X2 and some have even taken them back.

cece5702

Reaction score

OTA rolling out this Friday!! Woo Hoo!!!! Did you read that somewhere?:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

OTA rolling out this Friday!! Woo Hoo!!!! Did you read that somewhere?:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Yep, on the front page of this forum!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...erbread-update-online-should-coming-soon.html

cece5702

Reaction score

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
I bought the original droid on its release date. About 11 months later i complained of touch screen not responding. Then replacement came and every 80 days, within warranty period, i called and had it replaced. Went from original to 2 to global. Its because the eventually replace them with newer devices. I just bought the x2 so i figure by the time 24 months is up ill be upgraded a few times. Keep you x1and in a few months call tech support and theyll probably send you a x2.