Exchange email question

AnnDroid

Reaction score
I've setup the built-in Exchange server email application using Activesync to connect to our Exchange 2003 email servers.

Works great! Email, calendar, contacts, etc. all sync up nicely.

However, there are a couple of problems that I can't seem to figure out.

1. When I get an "Invite" for a meeting I don't see a way to Accept, Decline or Propose New time. I can only Reply, Reply All or Delete. What am I missing?

2. How do I move an email from my inbox to another folder?

Other than that I haven't found any other limitations.

Thanks for the help, in advance.

Zacko

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment I've had with this phone is its implementation of Exchange. I'm a former blackberry user so this was a pretty big dropoff in quality. Heck, you can't even add signatures to your Exchange email. That said:

The accept/decline invites is a known issue. You should be able to accept or decline directly from the corporate calendar app. It's a pain, but I believe that's the only current workaround.

I doubt you'll be able to move between folders. I'm not sure if this was a known issue or not, but, frankly, I'm not surprised it's not in there.

At the end of the day, I gave up and purchased Touchdown. It is much, much better than the native Exchange support that came on the phone. I'd suggest that you give it and/or RoadSync a look before beating your head against the wall too hard.

Good luck.

OP
AnnDroid

AnnDroid

Reaction score
Thanks

The biggest disappointment I've had with this phone is its implementation of Exchange. I'm a former blackberry user so this was a pretty big dropoff in quality. Heck, you can't even add signatures to your Exchange email. That said:

The accept/decline invites is a known issue. You should be able to accept or decline directly from the corporate calendar app. It's a pain, but I believe that's the only current workaround.

I doubt you'll be able to move between folders. I'm not sure if this was a known issue or not, but, frankly, I'm not surprised it's not in there.

At the end of the day, I gave up and purchased Touchdown. It is much, much better than the native Exchange support that came on the phone. I'd suggest that you give it and/or RoadSync a look before beating your head against the wall too hard.

Good luck.

I did purchase Touchdown. It's not perfect but it will do.

I emailed the developer and they seem to be very receptive to making modifications based upon my suggestions. We'll see if that ever comes to fruition, though.

DogPaw

Reaction score
Unable to move to folders in exchange

I still cannot beleive this problem exisits after a couple of updates. I thought for sure this would be one of the first issues addressed. Every other phone others the ability to move messages from your inbox to another folder and I cannot beleive the Andriod operting system is still lagging behind. I would think one of the biggest group of users would be business people on exchange servers.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every other phone others the ability to move messages from your inbox to another folder and I cannot beleive the Andriod operting system is still lagging behind.
This doesn't apply to Exchange but the ability to move mail among folders depends on the email account and not just the phone (e.g. it's not possible with POP accounts).

The are a few other Exchange apps that are frequently suggested such as the HTC Work Email app, Moxier, etc.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still cannot beleive this problem exisits after a couple of updates. I thought for sure this would be one of the first issues addressed. Every other phone others the ability to move messages from your inbox to another folder and I cannot beleive the Andriod operting system is still lagging behind. I would think one of the biggest group of users would be business people on exchange servers.

Believe it or not, things are improving significantly for business users. When I purchased my Droid last November my biggest complaint was the fact that the phone simply wasn't ready for primetime as a business device. There are some understandable reasons for the problem.

The Droid is a multi-functional consumer device, not a focused business phone. Much of the Bberry's success stems from marketing directly to businesses not to consumers. And cracking that market is difficult.

Business apps tend to be more expensive than the average cost (free) of Android apps. Business app developers are understandably skeptical about porting their applications to a platform that doesn't enjoy widespread corporate support and where consumers balk at paying more than a couple of bucks for an application.

But as noted, things are improving. Documents To Go was among the first of major business apps to move to the Android platform. Expense tracking apps are improving. And my biggest gripe, the inability to password secure email has now been resolved by a great app called "Protector."