EvilBoot1G overclock droid to 1Ghz

Newton122189

Reaction score
Can this be done by booting into recovery with droid root helper? Or do you need sprecovery which appears to be only obtainable by using a sholes rom (which I am not currently using)

sprecovery is definitely not only obtainable by running a sholes rom

DO THISSSSSS

Installation | Sholes

edit: and since i have come to the conclusion that NOBODY reads on this planet, this does not install a sholes rom
You sir are my hero. I'm going to install that tomorrow on my day off

lol yeah when someone showed me that link (about a month ago) i was like omg it makes a lot more sense, once you have done the steps on that page and made a nandroid backup you are for the most part set

52brandon

Reaction score
this should be my last dumb question on this topic. I physically move the evilboot8.img to my sd card on my droid before booting into recovery and running the adb shell commands, correct?

ydnandy

Reaction score
this should be my last dumb question on this topic. I physically move the evilboot8.img to my sd card on my droid before booting into recovery and running the adb shell commands, correct?

Yes - I usually plug my phone into my laptop and mount the sdcard when prompted.

Good luck!

52brandon

Reaction score
well I did it all and it seemed to go through. What a learning experience haha, thanks to everybody that helped. Is there a way to check my phone to make sure it went through?

vpshockwave

Reaction score
well I did it all and it seemed to go through. What a learning experience haha, thanks to everybody that helped. Is there a way to check my phone to make sure it went through?

If you're talking about seeing if the CPU speed is actually overclocked, open up SetCPU (make sure you have it fully updated), go to device selection, scroll to the bottom and choose the auto-detect option. Then see if the maximum speed you can choose corresponds to the image you flashed (like evilboot8.img = 800mhz, etc).

AdamZ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone is still having trouble and knows how to do a backup/restore... I updated my ROM with options of 600 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 1 GHz Overclocking.... plus a good bit more (in changelog).

Hope you all enjoy... :icon_ banana: