Error 7

helpermonkey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've read a few of the threads on this but i can't seem to get a hold of it.

Here is the tail end of my error log:
-- Installing: SDCARD:/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip
Installing update...
I:Trying update-binary.
installing generic updater extensions
Welcome to CyanogenMod-6.1.2-Droid!script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 7:
install_zip SDCARD:/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip

I cannot seem to figure out why this isn't working. I have rooted my phone succesfully and installed the Rom Manager (premium in fact) and have tried this with both cyan and bugless beast and i get the same error. I am running a Motorola Droid 2, is there something I'm missing? I apologize in advance, I'm in the middle of a snow storm so i haven't had all the tiem in the world to dedicate to fixing the problem myself.

g4lapagos

Reaction score
are you trying to use droid1 roms on your droid2? if so that is your problem.

OP
H

helpermonkey

Reaction score
haha ... that would be a big duh moment for yours truely!!!! thanks, will try and find one.

pdc419

Reaction score
Im using rzr recovery 2.0.3 and got an error #7 during install. Does anyone know what that is?
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I don't know, it could be something with the zip. Have you flashes zip files successfully with rzrecovery before?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pdc419

Reaction score
Liquid sent me a rom to test, it ended up being the zip. I was just wondering what the error number meant

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had status 7 when I have used the wrong tools or compression settings to make an update.zip, I think 7 is an unhelpful "something has gone wrong" error

pharien

Reaction score
Hi. Until recently, I was running BAKED on my Galaxy S3, but was running into too many issues with it, so I thought I'd start fresh. I used Odin to flash back to stock ICS, and have followed the basic steps to flash a new rom (root, unlock bootloader, flash CWM, boot into recovery, wipe data, flash rom), but each time, and with each rom I keep running into Error 7. I'm using the d2vzw versions, which I'm pretty sure are the ones that apply to my SCH-i535, and I'm following the instructions to a t, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I keep running into Error 7. I'm using the d2vzw versions, which I'm pretty sure are the ones that apply to my SCH-i535, and I'm following the instructions to a t, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help?

You need to find the correct rom for your phone. Using a Motorola Droid 2 rom on a Samsung Galaxy S3 will never work.

Tapped from a Nexus

pharien

Reaction score
As I said, I'm fairly certain d2vzw is the rom associated with the Galaxy S3 SCH-i535.

Axium

Reaction score
Is your recovery up to date?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pharien

Reaction score
that is your problem, as the current CWM recovery version for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 is 6.0.3.1 and yes it makes a difference.

Oh, thanks! For S3's you need to flash CWM through Odin, yeah? I don't think they have a .tar.md5 file for the sch-i535 yet. At least I can't find one. :/