Eris Droid VS iphone

Archerjostle

Reaction score
Not really a versus thing, just looking for possible similaities in apps.

Does the droid eris have a "emoji" app. What this apps does is enables you to insert smilies in texts.

Second one does the eris droid have a task killer like the iphones, basically what im asking is, is there a way for the apps to shut down automatically so i dont need to do it manually in the ATK?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
iPhone does not have the capability to run more than one app at a time...

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or wait, nevermind, I think I know what you're saying now lol....you want the Eris to kill all the apps automatically like how the iPhone does.....right?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which is actually kind of pointless comparing these 2 operating systems because they handle apps COMPLETELY different from one another.......Android does not need a task killer, in fact it will make the phone run slower and work harder because your force closing apps constantly with ATK....Android can handle those background running apps well, its supposed too, in fact, it pauses them if you haven't used them, to save battery, and so that they will be ready to go if you need them too. So if you constantly close them all the time, whenever you go to use an app that shouldve been paused in the background, the system has to manually restart and launch the app again because you keep closing it, therefore causing the system to work harder and put more stress on it...causing poor performance

I hope this makes sense to you, this is the way Android is designed to run...

OP
A

Archerjostle

Reaction score
That actually makes perfect sense. So you run your phone with no atk? What is the point of having an atk? I didnt realized the apps "paused"

refthemc

Reaction score
@natediddy1120 lol I think next time you should just make one big post instead of 3 different ones :)

@Archerjostle
I actually just found a program that works great for me. I use an app called "Taskiller" and it has a option to kill every app every time the screen goes to sleep. I just put it to ignore the apps I like to keep open. Check it out.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
That actually makes perfect sense. So you run your phone with no atk? What is the point of having an atk? I didnt realized the apps "paused"

No I use absolutely no task killer whatsoever....they can cause the phone to get a little screwy...........from a lot of complaints from people being resolved by removing a task killer, I'm a firm believer in this, and never had any problems out of my Droid.

@natediddy1120 lol I think next time you should just make one big post instead of 3 different ones :)

@Archerjostle
I actually just found a program that works great for me. I use an app called "Taskiller" and it has a option to kill every app every time the screen goes to sleep. I just put it to ignore the apps I like to keep open. Check it out.

And yeah your right about one big post, lol...things just kept coming to my mind afterwards......lol

And the app your talking about Taskiller can cause the same problems I'm talking about, but, to every man his own....

refthemc

Reaction score
There is no need to kill apps when the screen goes to sleep.
There is no need to kill apps on a schedule
Let the OS do it's job

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

You obviously don't have a Eris. IMO the regular android OS really doesn't need it, but the Eris has a heavily modified framework by HTC which uses some pretty heavy applications like our 7 Screen launcher with HTC widgets, HTC Calender, HTC People and so on.....

I also just noticed that you've overclocked your Moto Droid to 1ghz, lol so I probly wouldnt believe in task managers either