Eris @ Best Buy with extras

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Went by Best Buy last night to see if they had the Eris and see about price matching with the Sears ads I have seen. The sales rep was really helpful and knowledgeable (not something I am used to there). She informed me that they could do the price match with no problem and that they were also offering a deal with the purchase of any phone. She said I could get a charger and a case for $30 or a Zagg full body invisible shield and a charger for $30. I figured that was a pretty good deal.

G

Grimster

Horrible deal...

Zagg full body invisible shield is HIGHLY NOT recommended for this phone. The Eris has a matte finsih. The Zagg shield is for glossy surfaces and will look stupid on the Eris. Also the screen protector that comes with it is awful, it grips your finger far too much and its a pain to use when you slide your finger around.

Either way I dont see any deal what so ever. You are paying full price. Zagg sheild is $20 at full price (ripoff) and chargers cost only a few dollars...

Cases only cost a few dollars also...

OP
OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Horrible deal...

Zagg full body invisible shield is HIGHLY NOT recommended for this phone. The Eris has a matte finsih. The Zagg shield is for glossy surfaces and will look stupid on the Eris. Also the screen protector that comes with it is awful, it grips your finger far too much and its a pain to use when you slide your finger around.

Either way I dont see any deal what so ever. You are paying full price. Zagg sheild is $20 at full price (ripoff) and chargers cost only a few dollars...

Cases only cost a few dollars also...

Thanks for the info on the Zagg. I will have to take a closer look at it. They had a few demos with the screen shield on them, so I can at least try before I buy. As for the chargers, I see them for $14.95 (for some), but most of them are about $30 dollars for a decent one. I am talking about the car chargers that will stop charging when the battery is completely charged. I have had too many of those $6 gas station chargers mess up batteries for me. As far as cases go, I doubt I will even use one unless it is a pocket pouch of some kind like what the BB curves came with. I am not that into wearing a Batman utility belt with my phone in it.

ryanc2

Reaction score
What is Sears selling the Eris for? I thought it was only a deal on the Moto Droid? Did they really match it?