Eris 2.1 MR4 update went well

scajjr

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the official 2.1 MR4 release. So far Eris is a lot faster responding, signal bar is increased 1 bar for me in my house (from 1 to 2).

Also installing this did not wipe my contacts or programs.

Sam

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far I've heard nothing but good things from this MR. I haven't had it pushed to me yet but cannot wait for it.

HTC is an excellent company.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the official 2.1 MR4 release. So far Eris is a lot faster responding, signal bar is increased 1 bar for me in my house (from 1 to 2).

Sam

where did you download the update from?

daddio

Reaction score

Sam

Mine is updating right now... fingers crossed, glad to hear there have been good experiences.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

Sam

Mine is updating right now... fingers crossed, glad to hear there have been good experiences.

did you wait for the ota? or did you download the file from somewhere

OP
scajjr

scajjr

Reaction score

Sam

where did you download the update from?

Here: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/desirec/OTA_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_2.37.605.4_2.36.605.1_rel ease.zip

Rename it update.zip, copy it to the root directory of your SD card, turn phone off, power on holding Vol-Up and End/Power, wait 10-15 sec, press vol-up and end-power again, use vol down to highlight sdcard:update.zip, press end power to start update and follow anything else it says to do.

Took about 5 min to update mine.

Sam

daddio

Reaction score

Sam

did you wait for the ota? or did you download the file from somewhere

The pop-up came on the phone today from verizon.

Bluehand

Reaction score
Here: http://android.clients.google.com/p...Verizon_WWE_2.37.605.4_2.36.605.1_release.zip

Rename it update.zip, copy it to the root directory of your SD card, turn phone off, power on holding Vol-Up and End/Power, wait 10-15 sec, press vol-up and end-power again, use vol down to highlight sdcard:update.zip, press end power to start update and follow anything else it says to do.

Took about 5 min to update mine.

Sam

Thanks for posting this. Worked perfect, very easy to install.
Phone running great, no problems.

diverbelow

Reaction score

Sam

I hoping this will fix my wife's Eris issue, where the phone will slow to respond, she is currently running 2.1 leak v3. It was getting bad where she wanted to toss it out the window.

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score

Sam

I hoping this will fix my wife's Eris issue, where the phone will slow to respond, she is currently running 2.1 leak v3. It was getting bad where she wanted to toss it out the window.

Dude my wife's was the same way. We took hers back and got a refurb with 1.5. Installed this OTA this morning. Running much better. Hope you and your wife can say the same.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I'm running a custom rom, will this update mess anything up because I'm rooted.

OP
scajjr

scajjr

Reaction score
I'm running a custom rom, will this update mess anything up because I'm rooted.

This is what the note said about the download- it's keyed to specific releases: leak-V3 and OTA2.1 . It will abort on 1.5, leaks V1 & V2 and the original root rom.

Sam