Engadget reviews the Motorola Droid X

J

JohnDroid

motorola_droid_x.jpg

Not to be outdone by HTC, Motorola has decided to freshen up the Motorola Droid line and is now offering a gigantic phone with the moniker "Droid X" - This will be a keyboardless Droid which we've discussed in the past plenty of times.

Sometimes called the Droid Extreme, Droid Xtreme and other names, it is now known as the Droid X and Engadget seems to have the final version for a quick review.

The most striking feature to me seems to be the huge 4.4" screen in a thinner package then our trusty regular Droids. In addition, the "Motoblur" enhancement seems to be less intrusive then previous attempts and may get the name "Ninjablur" or some other varient.

Be sure to click this link for the full review by the Engadget team: Exclusive: Motorola Droid X preview -- Engadget

In the mean time, you know we will be covering the Droid X on the forums here as well so don't hesitate to participate in our already ongoing discussions here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/51779-verizon-droid-x-coming-july-19th.html

J. Dub

Reaction score
motoblur or ninjablur... Want neither. Everytime a company puts some crap on top of the OS it ends up being ****ty.

wawa44oz

Reaction score
I likeeeee.... I wanteeeee

I knew waiting 4 years to upgrade would be worth the wait...

chris420o

Reaction score
u guys are oding with this ninjablur or motoblur...watch the videos! wtf is there to complain about lol!...obviously something that isnt going to limit the device lol

n0yxl

Reaction score
Looks nice, but....

OMG, that thing is huge!! :icon_eek: I really like the Vanilla "Google Experience" for a few good reasons; I will be waiting to see/hear more about the D2 coming out too. Possibly holding out for that 2ghz Superfreak phone that Motorola will be rolling out later this year.

Honestly, I've been so happy with my Droid, especially with 2.2 firmware coming to fruition; hard to think about jumping ship just yet...

mr2man07

Reaction score
Front camera or not, I am paying full retail and selling my Droid :D!!!

4.4" screen? hell yeah! I am 6'2 and this would be perfect in my hands.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
Am I the only person who noticed they are using a pirated movie in a review?

Krish

Reaction score
tempted to upgrade. Debating if i should wait for the end of the year release from Moto with the 2ghz phone.