Endless Startup Cycle on my Droid

breathe-ez

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid is stuck on and endless reboot cycle. Its just keeps going through through the startup cycle and then goes blank and starts over. It was working fine earlier in the day and then just started doing this spontaneously. Its going on 3 hours now. Nice Halloween trick motorola.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Pull the battery......when you go to power on hold down the menu key on the physical keyboard. That will boot you into safe mode. Try a factory data reset if it boots up ok in safe mode.

Sent from somewhere...

aj8600

Reaction score
happened to me when i was trying to flash a theme. you may have to go and wipe you cache and that MAY help. if not you may be out of luck and have to wipe to factory settings or reflash a rom

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My Motorola Droid is stuck on and endless reboot cycle. Its just keeps going through through the startup cycle and then goes blank and starts over. It was working fine earlier in the day and then just started doing this spontaneously. Its going on 3 hours now. Nice Halloween trick motorola.
:welcome: to the forum!

Are you stock or rooted? What were you doing before this happened? Did you install any apps recently? We'll try to get you back on track here ASAP! :)

OP
B

breathe-ez

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

Are you stock or rooted? What were you doing before this happened? Did you install any apps recently? We'll try to get you back on track here ASAP! :)

I'm stock. I actually don't know what rooted means, but I haven't done anything out of the ordinary with my phone. I haven't installed any apps for over a month. The last thing I did before it went crazy on me was I took a Halloween pic. of my kid and sent the pic in a text. Not exactly sure how long the time was between it going crazy and the text...probably 1/2 hour.

OP
B

breathe-ez

Reaction score
Okay. That really helps the diagnosis.

Did the battery pull and menu key trick let you boot into safe mode?

pulling the battery and holding down the menu button while powering on has changed nothing. its still going through the startup cycle endlessly.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So you scared your phone is what you're saying?? J/k

Ok try booting into recovery. Holding X on keyboard and power button. When triangle with ! Shows up hold volume up and camera button.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
B

breathe-ez

Reaction score
So you scared your phone is what you're saying?? J/k

Ok try booting into recovery. Holding X on keyboard and power button. When triangle with ! Shows up hold volume up and camera button.

Sent from somewhere...

ok I tried reboot system now and it went back to the same startup cycle as before. should I try wipe data/factory reset next?

OP
B

breathe-ez

Reaction score
thanks for the help. its back working again. rather frustrating that everything was lost and i'm going to have to load everything I want back on it, but at least its working. I did save all pics and videos though, so none of that was lost forever.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Pics and vids saved on sdcard and a FDR wouldn't affect them. Your apps should auto restore. Unless you open the market before its finished.

Sent from somewhere...