Enable/Disable automatic SD installations

Se7enLC

Reaction score
EDIT: This is no longer needed as of BB 0.3! Just run the included command "apps2sd"

Like the idea of installing apps to SD but don't want bugless beast to automatically install ALL your apps to SD?

Run these scripts to enable / disable the sd installs.

To run:
Code:
su
sysrw
sh /sdcard/disablesdinst.txt
The script will modify the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh startup script and make the change immediately. Reboot after running and type this to ensure that it worked:

Code:
pm getInstallLocation
should return a 1

Last edited:

briantmathers

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been looking for a way to disable the automatic apps2sd since I found out that pm setInstallLocation 1 did not survive a reboot. I ran the pm getInstallLocation and it returned with 1! This was one of the only issues I had with BBv0.2... thanks again! dancedroid

miosis

Reaction score
I get this: sed: can't create temp file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh0txYqN: Read-only file system

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I get this: sed: can't create temp file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh0txYqN: Read-only file system

You need to be root and have /system mounted as read/write. I'll edit the instructions.

Samurai26

Reaction score
Hmm, not working

After I input this: sh /sdcard/disablesdinst.txt

I get this: sh: Can't open /sdcard/disableinst.txt

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Hmm, not working

After I input this: sh /sdcard/disablesdinst.txt

I get this: sh: Can't open /sdcard/disableinst.txt

Did you put the text file on the SD card in that location? Also, the file is called disablesdinst.xt. don't forget the SD in the middle.

Tony M27

Reaction score
None of my apps were moved to SD after updating to bb 0.2. Should I be worried?

beejaycee

Reaction score
Se7enLC, thank you for the script! I ran it and now I'll see how it goes. After playing with apps, I'm 99 & 44/100% certain that my reboot problem is due to to apps on the SD card.

iamloco724

Reaction score
im trying to download the txt file but im getting cannot download the content is not supported on this phone

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
im trying to download the txt file but im getting cannot download the content is not supported on this phone

There are ways to get around that limitation (I hate that the droid won't let you download arbitrary filetypes by default). I think installing Linda File Manager was how I got around that.

In any case, try just downloading the scripts using a computer and dropping them on the SD card.

miosis

Reaction score
just installed bb v.2.1 love it so far, but apps2sd I would like to disable by default. Any ideas or help appreciated.