Empty Trash in Gmail app?

apastuszak

Reaction score
Is there some way to empty the trash in the gmail app on the phone? We block gmail at work, so I can't go in there and delete it. I need to do it from the phone.

Andy

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Log into your Gmail account through the phone's browser. Then you should be able to empty the trash.

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
That totally sucks...

Log into your Gmail account through the phone's browser. Then you should be able to empty the trash.

The gmail mobile web site doesn't allow it either. I had to switch to the desktop version to do it. And then I have to select the messages and choose delete forever. This option needs to be available in the gmail app itself.

Where do I file a bug?

Andy

sddenizen

Reaction score
Delete Emails?

I come from Blackberry land where you could delete all emails at once. Is there a way to do the same with the Droid or do I have to delete each email in my inbox?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The gmail mobile web site doesn't allow it either. I had to switch to the desktop version to do it. And then I have to select the messages and choose delete forever. This option needs to be available in the gmail app itself.

Where do I file a bug?

Andy

This is incorrect. You can go to the mobil web site and delete forever. Menu/trash/select email/delete forever.

Jim3

Reaction score
What happened to the delete key on Gmail on my EVO after the Froyo upgrade? I hit delete and it goes to trash, but I do not see a way to empty trash. I now have to go to my PC to "Delete Forever" an email. Whasup???
I seem to remember it used to be available.