Embedded pics in Gmail

MOTODROID JON

Reaction score
I tried searching but after reviewing over 3 pages i got lazy...

So I know that this has been brought up before but... What is the status on embedded pics in Gmail. Attached pics view fine if you click the "view images" button but many times embedded pictures just show up as the blue "?".

Is everybody still having this issue even after 2.1?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried searching but after reviewing over 3 pages i got lazy...

So I know that this has been brought up before but... What is the status on embedded pics in Gmail. Attached pics view fine if you click the "view images" button but many times embedded pictures just show up as the blue "?".

Is everybody still having this issue even after 2.1?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

I don't do much of this but let me ask you this. If you try to send the same pic form gmail on line do you get the same issue? If so that's a gmail issue, not a Droid issue.

And either way it should be fixed but it be good to narrow it down as to who's problem it is.

OP
MOTODROID JON

MOTODROID JON

Reaction score
I'm referring to incoming emails. Not messages I have sent. They appear fine on the computer but as a blue "?" on the Droid.

I'm sure it is a Gmail app issue on the phone but it is a google phone so... just seems like a trivial issue that should have been fixed months ago.

dima1109

Reaction score
I get it mostly with Hotmail smiley faces. Pretty annoying, considering all other images in emails show up properly.

gregbridwell

Reaction score
When this happens to me I just open my gmail in the dolphin browser and it usually lets me see what the gmail app does not...