emails stay in the outbox?

mo2mey

Reaction score
When i am sending email with an attachment such as a picture it goes into the outbox folder and just stays there unless i pull the batery and reboot, than they go out right away.It happens with gmail and 2 other accounts i have.I been back to the store twice with this problem they cant figure it out.Does anyone else have this problem?Thanks

JGH

Reaction score
Yup...happened to me a couple of times...no clue what to do except know we've got a bleeding edge device with a lot of capability yet to be tapped and perfected.

OP
M

mo2mey

Reaction score
it is worth the small hassel though

windstrings

Reaction score
When I open mine in sent it still says "sending" in red... even though they are already sent.

I have 'attachemail" app loaded.. don't know if that corrupted things or not.

Do you guys use that app?

M

Matth3w

I am having the same issue...and I have full wifi signal. I don't use that app

M

Matth3w

Ok what I did was go to Manage Applications > Filter All > Clear the Cache/Data from GMail and GMail storage

windstrings

Reaction score
ah yea.. I forgot about that option...... until Google wakes up and starts servicing their own app, I guess competition will thrive.....thanks

windstrings

Reaction score

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
K9 has it's own problems, but it works well w/ gmail. Here's an idea, you can actually use both k9 and the gmail app together. If u want to send an attachment or change your From address just open k9.

I don't know about this attachment stuck in the outbox stuff, but the one thing that has cleared up my pop3 polling breaks and gmail sync breaks is to NEVER USE WIFI. Shut it off, reboot, and see if that fixes it...after clearing data.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
U have to clear gmail storage DATA usually. It will synch w/ google's servers.. Clearing gmail data might solve some problems too. Lots of other fixes talked about on the net. But let me reiterate: wifi was the culprit for more than one person. Hoping 2.1 fixes it.

M

Matth3w

Yeah, get rid of the data as well. That's really what did it for me.

jpkoerner

Reaction score
Fix for android outbox - stuck messages (gmail)

I have read all there is to offer on various blogs and help sites, none of which permanently fix the problem of email messages getting stuck in the Droid's default email application's outbox. I think I've found the solution.

The issue is a conflict between your separate gmail application (which is mandatory on the Droid software and cannot be removed) and the default Droid email application, which usually appears in the home screen's base line (along with the phone and browser apps).

The email app and the gmail app are fighting for gmail's smtp server attention, and the gmail app always wins.

Here are your solutions:
1. Give up on using the default email application and just use the gmail app.
2. Tell your Droid not to sync gmail to your gmail app. By disabling the gmail sync in your google account set up with your Droid, you still have access to syncing the contacts, calendar and picassa, but the separate gmail app won't be active. You do this by going to Settings -> Accounts and sync -> then to your gmail account listed under "Manage accounts" -> then uncheck the "Sync Gmail." You can also remove the account altogether if you don't care to sync google calendar, contacts or picasa albums. Your email account using IMAP or POP3 access to gmail is unaffected by this sync, and is determined through the account settings within your default Droid email program.

This worked for me. Good luck to you all!

JPK