Emails not arriving

MtnMarty

Reaction score
Hi. I've got a Droid on Verizon using 2.1

I have 3 email accounts in my email and for several weeks, emails were coming in and going out without problems. But several days ago, I stopped receiving any emails for a full 2 days. Suddenly all the missing emails came in at once and things were fine for another couple of days. Now again I'm not receiving emails. These emails are coming in fine on my desktop machine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
MtnMarty, I read a similar thread yesterday. If I recall correctly, the member worked with a CS rep at VZW. He had two service tickets but they were able to resolve.

Have you called VZW CS?

Mike

OP
M

MtnMarty

Reaction score
email problems

Which email client? Gmail, stock Email, k9, other?
I use the stock email client. I did try K9, but found no advantage over the stock email ap.

This problem seems to be intermittent. Right now (Saturday morning) I'm not getting emails again.

Any idea who I should call at Verizon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
M

MtnMarty

Reaction score
Thanks for the link about gmail. I might try that. BUT, 2 of my accounts are IMAP. I have a POP account (Bellsouth), and also (MobileMe Mac which is IMAP) and also my college account which is also IMAP. Will this method work on those?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link about gmail. I might try that. BUT, 2 of my accounts are IMAP. I have a POP account (Bellsouth), and also (MobileMe Mac which is IMAP) and also my college account which is also IMAP. Will this method work on those?

I know the Bellsouth one will work. MobileMe, I'm not sure about. I thought that was for bluetooth connections and such. I guess it would make sense it would be email too.

Well, you can try it and see what happens. It can't hurt.