email

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
When sending an email from the Droid, why is there no sig stating it was sent from droid.
I get emails all day from iphone folks or blackberry. There email lets me know they are sending from there phones. Is this a setting issue?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
puts the "neat-o" in "incognito".

edit: but sorry, i don't know about a setting to do that.

Gondi

Reaction score
The Gmail app has a "signature" setting which you can put "Sent from my Droid" or something in. I don't believe the stock email app has a sig setting.

mike_kauble

Reaction score
When sending an email from the Droid, why is there no sig stating it was sent from droid.
I get emails all day from iphone folks or blackberry. There email lets me know they are sending from there phones. Is this a setting issue?
I use Touchdown. It lets you put a page worth of text in your sig. I need it for the legal stuff for work.

pinedaw34

Reaction score
Is there a way to configure the emails from not being able to notify during certain hours of the day???

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
With an app, yes. Out-of-the-box? No.

Nope. You just need to find an email app that support signatures.

JimmyD

Reaction score
THANK GOODNESS it doesn't include a signature to the effect of "Sent from my iPhone" or "Sent from my Blackberry"!!!

It would be the first thing I would try to disable on my phone if it said "Sent from my Motorola Droid"!
~end rant~ :p

To answer your question, I'll give you my current experience with sig's.

1) When sending emails from my Droid through the Gmail app, it automatically attaches my default Gmail signature.

2) When sending emails from my Droid through my work's Outlook Exchange account, it automatically attaches my default Exchange sig!

In my opinion, this is a perfect scenario for me. I can be mobile and communicate with my friends through Gmail and have it toss out my silly sigs.
Additionally, I can be mobile and communicate with my work customers without them having to worry about me not being available to them because I'm not in the office!

Just my 2 cents though... to each, there own. :)