email POP3 - delete 2 way - add folders

mtlue5

Reaction score
I am looking to find a better email app. My main email account is Cox, so I configured it as a POP3 account within the “Messaging” app built into my Droid X. But, I quickly learned that if I deleted an email on the Droid X, it remained within the Cox account, and vice-versa. So I found “K-9 Mail”, which does allow me to delete on the phone, and gets deleted in Cox. However, K-9 does not allow me to save specific emails, or move them into folders. All I can do is “Star” specific message, but I lose even those, after they are older than the newest 50 (or other setting) emails.
I would like to find an email app that allows me to move items to a folder, also to have those items “sync” with the Cox account, as that folder item and of course when I delete in one place it will get deleted in the other.
Also, when I receive an email that has image files attached (jpg), at the bottom of the message is a bar with the green droid character, showing the name of the attached file, with options to Open or Save. But, when I try either I just get a generic picture icon, not the actual image. When I try the save, it says saved to SD card, but that file only appears as the generic picture icon. When I try to view it in “Gallery”, again just the picture icon appears and the “i” (properties) shows that there is some size to the file.
Can you please advise?
A Happy New Year to all.

Thanks
mtlue5

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Responded on another site but here goes:

Your issue is the POP account, not the mail app. POP accounts do not have folders and you cannot sync with them.