Email notifications. All or nothing?

ChadJ55

Reaction score
I have been plagued with the exchange email synch issue present in the stock email application since a few weeks after I got my DX last Fall. I finally bit the bullet and installed Touchdown Exchange, which has been pretty good, though I still think I would stay with the stock app if it functioned reliably. I have been running the two in parallel to see when Touchdown notifies me of mail and when the stock app alerts me (or does not). Touchdown has been far more reliable. But running both seems to be a battery hog, and kind of annoying to get two notifications every time I get a new work email. So I want to disable notification on my exchange email through the stock app, but I cannot seem to disable only the exchange synch frequency and notifications without disabling my Yahoo notifications that are running on the stock email app as well. If I turn off notifications for my exchange email, I don't get anything telling me yahoo mail has arrived. Has anyone found a way to enable/disable notifications individually by email account?

Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No answer, just what is probably a stupid question: Can't you just delete the exchange account from the stock email app if you are going to use Touchdown for it?

OP
C

ChadJ55

Reaction score
No answer, just what is probably a stupid question: Can't you just delete the exchange account from the stock email app if you are going to use Touchdown for it?

Great question. I should have explained myself there. I really like how the Contacts integrate with exchange contacts in my global address lookup when I need to get the phone number of someone in my office who is not in my phone book. If I remove the exchange email from the stock app, I lose the GAL lookup functionality from the main contacts search. The one in Touchdown is way too cluncky and takes too many clicks/steps (as do most process in Touchdown. They could really use a redesign.)

-Chad

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aww, you're being way too kind to call that a "great question"!!:) I figured I was being to simplistic and it turns out I was. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a case of "not seeing the forest for the trees".

Good luck (at least my stupid posts have kept your thread near the top!) and have a good day!!:)