email not working.

jaredkent

Reaction score
So previously when I had my BB curve I could just type in my college email address and password In and It worked fine. Android on the other hand doesnt work so well. I'm not good with the whole POP and Exchange and all the different servers of internet email. So I'm not exactly sure the servers or even what type of account it is.

The site is: email.jwu.edu if you want to poke around and come to any conclusions. All I know is that the school won't release the server information not sure If you guys know how to get It working or if therea another app I can use to get it.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
its mainly the phone. because it is run by google, google wants you to only use gmail. most people have a huge problem getting yahoo set up.

OP
J

jaredkent

Reaction score
its mainly the phone. because it is run by google, google wants you to only use gmail. most people have a huge problem getting yahoo set up.

Yeah my college email wont work on anything except blackberrys. The outlook desktop client, Mail.app, Iphones, none of them work so it doesn't surprise me I can't get it on my Droid, just a little disappointing.

They all need the server info and for some reason the college refuses to give out that information.

Wasn't sure if there was a way to figure it out that I didn't know about. Or if there was an app that, like blackberry, didn't need the server information and just the email and password was fine.

str8ghtnochaser

Reaction score
hey man just an idea, i came from a bb curve as well, try going to blackberry.com and logging in with your old account that you had and check out your email settings. i have a penn state email and i was having the same issues and i was able to gain some information about penn states email system which is an edu as well through bb.com if that doesnt work you can always try calling your tech support at your school and more often than not they are willing to help you out

OP
J

jaredkent

Reaction score
hey man just an idea, i came from a bb curve as well, try going to blackberry.com and logging in with your old account that you had and check out your email settings. i have a penn state email and i was having the same issues and i was able to gain some information about penn states email system which is an edu as well through bb.com if that doesnt work you can always try calling your tech support at your school and more often than not they are willing to help you out

Sounded like something that could help but BB.com wont let me log in because my blackberry is no longer active.

OP
J

jaredkent

Reaction score
weirdly i popped back into the initial setup you run when the phone first turns on for some facebook related issues and plugged my college email into the exchange server. I had tried that in the past but this time it worked. Seems I was doing something wrong those other times.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
well ill tell you your school wont tell your any of their server info for privacy/hacking concerns..not sure what else you can do. try verizon