Email Keeps Loading Deleted Messages

slvideo

Reaction score
I set up 2 email accounts that I have with att/yahoo. All messages are reloaded even after they have been deleted from my MotoDroid. In the incoming settings menu I have chosen not to delete messages from the server because I am afraid to delete an important message by accident. Yet, after I have read messages or checked them off and then deleted them from my phone, they keep reloading and these previously read or deleted messages keep showing up and populating my in folder. After deleting recent messages, the system will look for older ones in my server to load to my droid. Does anyone know how to keep these from loading to my phone, even after they have been deleted from my mailbox on the droid. It seems that the mail app is always looking to load whatever it can find on the server.

OP
S

slvideo

Reaction score
I set up 2 email accounts that I have with att/yahoo. All messages are reloaded even after they have been deleted from my MotoDroid. In the incoming settings menu I have chosen not to delete messages from the server because I am afraid to delete an important message by accident. Yet, after I have read messages or checked them off and then deleted them from my phone, they keep reloading and these previously read or deleted messages keep showing up and populating my in folder. After deleting recent messages, the system will look for older ones in my server to load to my droid. Does anyone know how to keep these from loading to my phone, even after they have been deleted from my mailbox on the droid. It seems that the mail app is always looking to load whatever it can find on the server.

forkup

Reaction score
Of course it does, you're leaving the emails on the server so each time it syncs it pulls those same emails down again. Turn that off and it won't happen.

leemahn

Reaction score
Same exact problem here. It drives me crazy. And with no way to mass delete email, or "empty" the trash folder, it's quite a pain.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
This was happening to my mom, she just disabled the setting for it to check for messages. Personally I just use my Gmail but I know others don't and apparently is more then just a couple people with the problem. Don't know what else to say, but I be interested in a solution though.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
That happened to me and it drove me nuts.

I installed and configured k-9 mail and wiped the configuration from the stock email client and that problem went away completely.

theonuts

Reaction score
same thing happens to me sometimes. like i will delete 5 emails from my phone, but 1 of them keeps sneaking back. doesnt bother me though really, doesnt happen all the time.

myriad46

Reaction score
I only use gmail. But, i know when I have set Gmail to check other email addresses through IMAP or POP3, they have some pretty detailed instructions on each individual kind of mail program that you are trying to configure. It goes through step-by-step to ehlp you set it up for your google account. I imagine the software on Android probably follows some of the same rules. Try logging into you gmail account, and poking around the settings for if you were going to have GMail check your work mail. It might shed some light on specific settings.

Just an idea.

oche16

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I called Verizon and Droid and they had no answer to my problem. I do notice if I delete my trash mail from my main computer then it helps alot.
Also,
in one of these forums I printed out a way to forward my other email acct to my gmail acct to try to solve this problem, but haven't done that yet but hope it works b/c it drives me crazy too!