email issues

Cassie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday, I set up my home email to go to my Droid. I work from home, so I get a lot of emails, and immediately I got four. They showed up on my Droid first, and when I went to check my computer, my computer asked for my password again. Weird, but when I entered my PW into my computer again, those same emails came through.

Then I had my husband send me an email, and both my home computer and the droid received the email at the same time. I thought it was all set, but since then I am only getting sporatic emails to my droid. Maybe 2 out of 40 that were received on my home computer.

Obviously, this doesn't make having the email on my phone useful.. Does anyone have any idea where I go from here? Would range be an issue, I would think the emails would come in once in range?

Confused, and frustrated.
Cassie

GuyWithDogs

Reaction score
At the risk of insulting your setup capabilities, I'll suggest that your Droid is set up to retrieve mail and leave it on the server, but your computer is retrieving the emails and then deleting from your server. That's exactly how I have mine set up, and if I leave my Outlook client running on my PC at home, then I only get mails on the Droid when the mail arrives at the email server in between times when Outlook automatically retrieves email and deletes it from the server. So it looks like the Droid only gets some emails, but it gets the ones that are there in between Outlook running.

If your email client was NOT running automatically at the same time, then you have a different issue, which I'm certain is still connected to configuration in some way.

OP
Cassie

Cassie

Reaction score
At the risk of insulting your setup capabilities, I'll suggest that your Droid is set up to retrieve mail and leave it on the server, but your computer is retrieving the emails and then deleting from your server. That's exactly how I have mine set up, and if I leave my Outlook client running on my PC at home, then I only get mails on the Droid when the mail arrives at the email server in between times when Outlook automatically retrieves email and deletes it from the server. So it looks like the Droid only gets some emails, but it gets the ones that are there in between Outlook running.

If your email client was NOT running automatically at the same time, then you have a different issue, which I'm certain is still connected to configuration in some way.
Please don't think I will be upset at being insulted, I am far from knowledgeable on techie items. I hope to learn as I go. This is the first phone from which I ,myself, am trying to learn the set-up rather than handing it off to someone else to fix.

So, what you say makes a lot of sense. Now, so would I be able to set-up my at home computer to not delete emails from the server so my Droid may catch them as well? And if I do this, will it take up a lot of my memory on the computer?

Weighing those pros/cons... lol Thanks for replying.
Cassie

n8pbm

Reaction score
You should be able to set up your home computer to keep a copy of the message on the server. It then should have an option to delete the email from the server after ## Days. I usually have it deleted after 30 days. That way you will always have 30 days of email.

OP
Cassie

Cassie

Reaction score
You should be able to set up your home computer to keep a copy of the message on the server. It then should have an option to delete the email from the server after ## Days. I usually have it deleted after 30 days. That way you will always have 30 days of email.
Thanks! Found it, and changed the option. Now the email is working just fine. I appreciate the help. :icon_ banana: