Eclipse 1.2 Battery Mod

pchmst

Reaction score
Open your ROM with 7zip. Go to system...apps...systemui.apk...res folder...drawable-hdpi...find the png that are stat_sys_battery and stat_sys_battery_charge. Change those to your liking. Then go to system...framework...framework-res.apk...res...drawable-hdpi...find those same files and change them.
Make sure to back out of 7zip using the back folder icon, so the apks change. Then you could use my eclipse zip folder and delete the systemui.apk and framework-res.apk and just add your roms in there. Download it to your phone and flash it. Wrote this quick, hope it makes sense.

Is there a way to do it all on the phone? Would AndroZIP our a similar app allow me to open the apk files and edit them?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
pchmst said:
Is there a way to do it all on the phone? Would AndroZIP our a similar app allow me to open the apk files and edit them?

Don't think so.

pchmst

Reaction score
Open your ROM with 7zip. Go to system...apps...systemui.apk...res folder...drawable-hdpi...find the png that are stat_sys_battery and stat_sys_battery_charge. Change those to your liking. Then go to system...framework...framework-res.apk...res...drawable-hdpi...find those same files and change them.
Make sure to back out of 7zip using the back folder icon, so the apks change. Then you could use my eclipse zip folder and delete the systemui.apk and framework-res.apk and just add your roms in there. Download it to your phone and flash it. Wrote this quick, hope it makes sense.

This worked perfectly.

Now I have the gauge battery back in jelly bean!

Thanks again!

Edit:

There gauge shows up. But it doesn't stay up to date with there system battery state. Did I fail to change something obvious?

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
pchmst said:
This worked perfectly.

Now I have the gauge battery back in jelly bean!

Thanks again!

Edit:

There gauge shows up. But it doesn't stay up to date with there system battery state. Did I fail to change something obvious?

What do you mean? Did you change it in systemui and framework?

pchmst

Reaction score
I did. I'll check and make sure both are updated.

But the gauge monitor shows up, and stays fixed at the charge that it was at on boots

pchmst

Reaction score
I seem to have found the problem. I'm just not sure what the easiest solution is, I hope you can help.

I seems that the stock battery gauge isn't set to do 1% increments. So it only updates the 1% gauges in the same increments that it's normally set to, which seem to be 20%. Now the circle mod gauge has 1% increments, so I could foreseeably change all of the file names for the "car" stye gauge to be the same as the circle gauge and reload the systemui and framework apk's to have the new images. I could make a linux script that wouldn't be terrible to do this...

But what I'd rather do is just add a new battery gauge with the images I want. What I'm not sure about is how easy this is to do. Or even how to go about it. Would I have to edit xml files and such things that I know nothing about in order to add a new battery gauge that would be selectable in the system menu? I'm guessing I would.

So my question is, should I just rename the battery files for the gauge I want to be the same as the CircleMOD files and reload system and framework so that circle mod is my prefered gauge? Or should I dive into trying to add a new battery meter completely?

Thanks for all of your help!

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
I seem to have found the problem. I'm just not sure what the easiest solution is, I hope you can help.

I seems that the stock battery gauge isn't set to do 1% increments. So it only updates the 1% gauges in the same increments that it's normally set to, which seem to be 20%. Now the circle mod gauge has 1% increments, so I could foreseeably change all of the file names for the "car" stye gauge to be the same as the circle gauge and reload the systemui and framework apk's to have the new images. I could make a linux script that wouldn't be terrible to do this...

But what I'd rather do is just add a new battery gauge with the images I want. What I'm not sure about is how easy this is to do. Or even how to go about it. Would I have to edit xml files and such things that I know nothing about in order to add a new battery gauge that would be selectable in the system menu? I'm guessing I would.

So my question is, should I just rename the battery files for the gauge I want to be the same as the CircleMOD files and reload system and framework so that circle mod is my prefered gauge? Or should I dive into trying to add a new battery meter completely?

Thanks for all of your help!

What ROM are you running? I think you may be over analyzing the situation.

pchmst

Reaction score
I'm running Wizzed Bean CN2 currently.

I'm not surprised I would over analyze it, I hope it's easier than I think it will be!

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
Ok. It looks like you need to change all 200 pngs of your gauge icons to say: stat_sys_battery_circle_(add #).png and stat_sys_battery_circle_charge_anim(add #).png. The "add #" is the number of the gauge png. This way you will not have to decompile the apk and make xml edits.

pchmst

Reaction score
Linux script writing here I come!

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

pchmst

Reaction score
Do I upgraded my phone and never got around to this.

But now I want to mod my new note 2 to have the guage battery meter. Stock it only has half a dozen battery icons. So I believe I have to decompile the apk and mid the xml file right?

Do I simply add in the necessary lines in the drawable/battery*.xml files? Does the framework apk have to be modified?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
Do I upgraded my phone and never got around to this.

But now I want to mod my new note 2 to have the guage battery meter. Stock it only has half a dozen battery icons. So I believe I have to decompile the apk and mid the xml file right?

Do I simply add in the necessary lines in the drawable/battery*.xml files? Does the framework apk have to be modified?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure about the note 2 systemui. Best thing would be to look at a ROM with the 1% battery mod and figure out how they did it.