easytether and android 2.2

Tim B

Reaction score
I have had the easytether lite free app for my droid for some time. After i did the 2.2 update the easytether app would no longer access the internet. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I have a number of apps that no longer work after the 2.2 update.

deubanks

Reaction score
I called 611 on my phone and complained because the new system update had messed up my pda net. They told me the new system update had some bugs. They shipped me a "fixed phone". It works great but PDA net is really slow. I downloaded easy tether lite and it works much faster.

PatG

Reaction score
I have the Droid 1 and just downloaded both Easytether and PDANet. Already running version 2.2. Up until now I did not have the need to tether. Both applications do not work. I turn USB debugging on; my PC indicates that the connection to the phone is established, but I don't have internet. PDANet indicates 0 bytes send / received.

Am I doing something wrong, or are both applications hit and miss with version 2.2? Any help would be appreciated.

REMilk

Reaction score
EasyTether and 2.2 - Works Fine for Me

I have the Droid 1 and just downloaded both Easytether and PDANet. Already running version 2.2. Up until now I did not have the need to tether. Both applications do not work. I turn USB debugging on; my PC indicates that the connection to the phone is established, but I don't have internet. PDANet indicates 0 bytes send / received.

Am I doing something wrong, or are both applications hit and miss with version 2.2? Any help would be appreciated.

I updated to 2.2 (stock) and EasyTether works fine for me. In fact. I am using it now to read and respond here.

Bob

Toxik916

Reaction score
It works fine with me. I had to enable usb debugging again after the update so try that.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I called 611 on my phone and complained because the new system update had messed up my pda net.

It is probably not smart to tell VZW that you are tethering when you are not paying for it.